Senior Java Developer
MoneyLion is a mobile banking and financial membership platform that empowers people to take control of their finances.
Since its launch in 2013, MoneyLion has engaged with 7.5 million hard-working Americans and has earned its members' trust by building a full-service digital platform to deliver mobile banking, lending, and investment solutions. From a single app, members can get a 360-degree snapshot of their financial lives and have access to personalized tips and tools to build and improve their credit and achieve everyday savings.
MoneyLion team members are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. We work fast, collaborate always, and above all else, we do it for our customers.
MoneyLion is headquartered in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Sioux Falls, and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
About the Role
MoneyLion is looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our New York City engineering team to help build the future of financial technology. As a Java Developer, you will work with several teams to continue building out a world-class financial platform. This position involves the design, architecture, implementation, and operation of large scale cloud systems.
We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities, and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the stack as we continue to push financial technology forward
This individual must be able to work remotely anywhere in the US.
- Take a technical leadership role in scaling out our systems and team with our quickly growing product
- Architect and implement event-driven backend systems that provide support for our core systems
- Deliver high quality, scalable and heavily tested software across our stack
- Participate in setting architectural strategy, roadmap, standards, policies, and procedures
- Help steer technical decisions about software architecture
- Be a critical voice in design and code reviews
- Strong experience with Java including idiomatic usage
- Experience with Java, specifically JDK 8,9,10+ and use streaming and lambdas to keep your codebase concise
- Experience with REST applications and services using open-source Java Frameworks - Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring Data
- Analytical mindset and an ability to identify and weigh architectural design tradeoffs
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes, CI/CD systems
- NoSQL and Relational databases (We use MongoDB, MySQL, and PostgreSQL)
- Experience with data modeling and persistence (sharding, knowing when to denormalize, separation of concerns, etc.)
- Experience designing and developing platform level, reusable components, including event architectures, messaging and caching (JMS, ActiveMQ, Kinesis, Apache Kafka, etc)
- Minimum 3+ years of experience building highly available critical systems
- Proven experience in demonstrating architecture skills at a multi-system level
- Strong soft-skills including working via influence and supporting a growth mindset for your peers