Ruby Software Engineer
We’re looking for an engineer based in the UK, to join our experienced and talented technology team. The growing team is responsible for building and supporting the vital backend infrastructure for all our clients’ web applications.
We're looking for an experienced engineer to join our talented technology team, remotely and on-site in our Guildford studio. You should be able to demonstrate solid general programming skills, some experience in Ruby on Rails and be capable of working on all aspects of the software development cycle from architecture, coding and testing through to deployment.
We are able to offer a remote interview/onboarding process and the ability to work from home during the current social distancing measures and longer-term will be able to offer remote working options.
It would be beneficial if you have some experience in the following.
- Ruby / Ruby on Rails
- PostgreSQL / MySQL
- Docker / Linux
- Git / Github
- Test-Driven Development / Rspec
- Agile development methodologies including Scrum & code reviews
- Experience of delivering projects
- Understanding of object-oriented design
- Ability to debug issues and solve problems effectively
We need a talented engineer who wants to be a long-term part of our business — not just an employee!
Dependent on experience.
- Flexible working hours and options for remote working
- Pension contributions
- Subsidised gym membership
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Private healthcare
- We'll pay to send you to various conferences, events, and training days
- Personal autonomous training budget
- Regular company social events
- Cycle to work scheme
We’ve worked really hard to build our inclusive team culture and although we’re all very different people, we’re united by three simple values.
- Generosity; be excellent to one another
- Geekiness; know your stuff
- Drive; get shit done.