VEED.IO is an online video editing platform that makes creative videos easy and accessible to all. Our platform is used by millions of creators around the world who use our products to tell stories, create content, grow audiences and more (hey, you might even know some of them!).
Since we started VEED in 2018, we have grown much faster than we could have ever imagined. We are now one of the most popular video editing applications in the world. As our user base grows so does our talented team and we would love you to be part of that journey.
How do we build the product?
We love talking to our users and think it is the best way to get to know them. This is important because after all, they are the ones paying for it!
To date, this strategy has guided our entire product development and has served us extremely well….
That being said, as our customer base keeps growing it is becoming harder and harder to do this manually. Our ambition is to place data-driven decision making at the core of our culture as we move forward and we need your help to make this happen!
Good design is important not only to us but to our users as well. And of course, behind any well designed product or service is a group of talented people who make the magic happen. Building powerful video editing tools in the browser that are extremely accessible is a huge technical challenge. We are an ambitious team and we are constantly trying to push the boundaries of what is possible on the web. And this is exactly why we are always on the lookout for the most talented, creative and exciting teammates to join us!
What will you be doing?
Building a video editor that our users love, of course!
You will be primarily be working in ReactJS on the frontend, Node on the API side (and C++ for video rendering if you are up for a challenge ;) ), to help us deliver more video / account features to our customers. As an early-stage startup we are not extremely overbuilt and have a lot of greenfield space to explore and test new ideas and do research.
We are always open to new ideas! Is graphQL something we want to consider? Or maybe something needs automating? Kubernetes? A new pattern we should adopt? Tell us more! We love people who are curious and take initiative.
We are looking for someone who gets thrilled by the idea of solving deep technical problems, takes pride in their own work and likes to get creative to build innovative things. We really believe that best candidates typically don’t think of themselves as just engineers, but rather view themselves as makers. This means not being afraid of working on something you have never done before, have a broad set of skills you are always looking to expand and most importantly you thrive in an environment where there is lots of freedom.
We know that not everyone fits into boxes and we are all always learning, however here are a few things that we are looking for;
- Someone who is experienced in ReactJS and has a strong knowledge of JS fundamentals. Knowledge of C++ or video related code is a bonus
- We care about how we write our code. So we are looking for someone who is comfortable going through code reviews, knows or would like to learn about testing their code and make it more performant
- Have a startup-mentality, be a problem solver
- We don’t care about university degrees, but we would like to see you have a good bit of theoretical knowledge in areas you have worked in and are interested in
- Enjoy working at a fast pace
- Have good communication skills and be a team player who is happy to lend a hand if someone gets stuck
- Someone who can roll up their sleeves and jump on different things. Building a simple online video editor isn’t always so simple, so you might work on WebGL, API, DevOps or Architecture stuff. You don't need to know it all, but someone who is not scared of a challenge
- Be able to contribute to the culture of engineering excellence by writing better documentation, teaching more junior teammates or improving processes around engineering in general
- Experience working with video is a bonus
Our entire team is remote (and always has been). We are happy as long as you’re happy. You will have the freedom and autonomy you need to make decisions and do your best work. Our team is smart, energetic, extremely talented and driven. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we all love what we do.
- Work remotely?
- Work from home with your dog?
- Work in a cafe?
- Need a few days off?
- Swap a weekday for a weekend?
- Working a half-day?
All of the above is 100% good for us!
VEED is a fast-growing bootstrapped company founded by Sabba Keynejad & Timur Mamedov. At the time of writing (15th of January) Veed has grown from $0 to $2.7M ARR in just 16 Months in a highly competitive market. We may be bootstrapped, but we have venture scale dreams.