Senior Software Engineer
- Join us to build the world’s best financial companion for e-commerce
- Do it while working from anywhere in the world!
- 7+ years software development experience
- Experience developing, monitoring, and improving microservice architectures
- Knowledge of designing and implementing public and private APIs (gRPC/REST)
- Experience with CI/CD
- Stellar communication skills in English
- Strong knowledge of Go programming language, paradigms, constructs, and idioms (we are open to candidates who have strong programming knowledge in other languages but want to work in Go!)
- Knowledge of security and/or devops best practices
We are revolutionizing banking for digital entrepreneurs around the world. As their financial companion, we build products that help them understand their business and sell smarter, with features including global accounts, unlimited virtual cards, and an overview of cash flow. See for yourself at https://demo.juni.co/demo.
Building rocketships isn't easy, but sure is fun!
The same freedom we’re creating for our customers we believe employees should benefit from as well. We give our employees freedom because they take responsibility and understand that everything is a team effort. Whether you’re a rock-loving designer or a pet snake-owning developer; Juni strives to be the workplace where you feel at home, where you can grow and most importantly where you feel a sense of accomplishment - every day. We truly believe that we’re changing the world for small businesses around the globe and we want you to be part of that mission.
Tackle convoluted problems and develop clean, stable solutions that scale. The ideal candidate would be someone who has a genuine passion for designing and implementing elegant software solutions. They would also be intimately familiar (and up to date) with their development ecosystem for making sound decisions when it comes to choosing the right tool or library for the job. We expect our engineers to be able to contribute across the entire product stack, as well as collectively oversee the integrity of the codebase.
We recently closed a huge Series A with some of the greatest names in e-commerce and venture investing, and now we need amazing talent to help us on our mission.
- gRPC (Protocol buffers)
- PostgreSQL, Redis
- Docker, Kubernetes
Our engineering team is made up of a diverse and talented mixture of backend and frontend engineers. We are led by a hands-on CTO and Co-Founder (Anders)
Right now, the collective engineering team consists of 12 engineers, and we have ambitions to grow to 30 engineers in the next few months. So it's certainly a very exciting time to join.
In this role you’ll be:
- Writing scalable, robust, testable, efficient, and easily maintainable code
- Translating software requirements into stable, working, high-performance software
- Playing a key role in architectural and design decisions, building toward efficient microservices distributed architecture
Within 1 month you'll:
- Introduce an important architectural improvement to our Go codebase
- Fix two thorny unfixed bugs, which the team otherwise could not have done
Within 3 months you'll:
- Help other web backend engineers say they’re learning a lot and are more productive because of you
- Have helped us build new features quicker than we otherwise would have - our velocity has increased significantly
Within 6 months you'll:
- Help introduce significant new features which radically improve our product.
- Impact the quality of the product, getting to the point where we fix all bugs and are improving performance metrics
- Be proud of the product and the codebase
- We are remote first. Work from anywhere in the world...
- or check-in in one of our local hubs!
- Great quarterly off-sites across Europe. When we can travel again.
- 30 vacation days (annual)
- Awesome options package
Anywhere you want, Amsterdam, Athens, Berlin, Copenhagen, Dublin, Gothenburg, Anywhere you decide, Ljubljana, Madrid, Oslo, Paris, Stockholm, Tallinn, Vilnius and Warsaw