Senior Software Engineer
mParticle is the customer data platform for every screen. Sophisticated marketers at companies including Starwood, NBC Universal, Spotify and Airbnb use mParticle to integrate and orchestrate their entire growth stack, enabling them to win in key moments of the customer journey. Founded in 2013, mParticle manages $5 billion in transactions and 250 billion API calls monthly. The company has raised more than $70M from investors including Harmony Partners, Bain Capital Ventures, and Social Capital.
Recognized as one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City and named a “Vendor to Watch” in Gartner’s 2017 Digital Marketing Hubs Magic Quadrant report!
As a Full Stack Engineer, you will work with our Product Managers and Designers to spec and build complex yet highly usable, intuitive and responsive User Interfaces . You will help build both the UI screens as well as the backing REST APIs, write high quality, maintainable code in a fast-paced startup environment with tight schedules, and be fully responsible for ensuring quality and proper deployment of the written software.
Here at mParticle, everyone is equal. We believe strongly in our values and are looking for someone who demonstrates empathy and sincerity to all roles and teammates. Our clients include marketing and engineering functions for some of the largest apps in the world and our platform processes nearly one-third of the world’s smartphone traffic.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide UI and REST API engineering expertise to the rest of the engineering team.
- Work with product managers and designers to help define product requirements.
- Build new screens, dashboards, custom controls and complex UX workflows from high-fidelity comps provided by product designers.
- Create UI screens that can handle large amounts of data while maintaining a highly responsive user experience.
- Modify existing restful apis or build new apis to support new UI features.
- Build comprehensive unit tests and integration tests that fully validate functionality and ensure that bugs and other issues are discovered before impacting end users.
- Write code that interacts with a relational database via an ORM.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of proven success working as a Full Stack engineer developing UI features and supporting server side functionality.
- Proven ability to produce pixel-perfect screens using HTML and CSS from high-fidelity comps.
- Experience with a frontend SPA framework such as React, Vue.js, Angular, Aurelia, or other similar frameworks.
- Experience in building and modifying REST apis to create, read, update and delete data from a relational database.
- Ideally has experience with C# and ASP .Net, or other similar strongly typed language.
- Ideally has experience with Entity Framework or a similar ORM framework.
- Has knowledge of and can apply best practices in performance engineering, ensuring that our UI features are highly responsive and can handle large amounts of data.
- Expertise in SQL-like languages and tools.
- Ability to learn quickly and display solid analytical/engineering thinking.
- Demonstrable experience in taking projects from spec to release
What’s in it for you:
- 100% company paid health care plans (medical, dental, vision) for employees. 75% paid for dependents
- Flexible work environment with unlimited vacation, 15 company holidays, and quarterly mental reboot days
- Employer funded HRA/HSAs, Stock options, Wellness Programs, Commuter Benefits, Learning and Development opportunities, paid leave and pet insurance…and so much more!