We’re building the world’s most ubiquitous programming environment. We focus on inspiring creativity and generating value for creators through community, and we design simple yet scalable infrastructure primitives for the next generation of creators. We want to blur the line between learning and making– a place where you can hang out, tinker with ideas, learn new concepts, and launch a business all in the same day.
About the role
The platform team gives every Replit user a free computer in the cloud so they can learn and build. Your charter will be to give users more power in the cloud, make the system run faster across the globe, and save Replit a whole bunch of money along the way.
To build and operate at scale we need engineers with deep experience in distributed systems and/or operating systems.
Examples of what you could do
- Rearchitect the whole platform without downtime by separating compute and storage.
- Leapfrog the Docker ecosystem by betting on Nix for building reproducible environments.
- Give users custom domain hosting in mere seconds with magic domain linking.
- Make authentication automatic with zero-click auth for repls.
- Distribute our compute globally to better serve the next billion software creators.
- Remove limitations of our filesystem so users can have all the storage they need.
- Build out new platform products so our users can build sophisticated applications.
- Save Replit money and power the business through clever cost optimizations.
- Develop Replt’s infrastructure using Go, Rust, GCP, and IaC tools like Terraform.
Able to demonstrate 5+ years of working experience with:
- Distributed systems (examples: platform-as-a-service, distributed storage, information retrieval)
- Operating systems (examples: Linux, containerization, virtualization)
- Someone who values simplicity and pragmatism (you think radically but ship incrementally).
- Self-directed and comfortable working autonomously.
- You have experience with the Nix ecosystem
- You like to play with Linux filesystems for fun
- You have optimized large scale distributed systems for performance and cost
- You have managed a public-facing project (you have launched projects with real users)
Full Time Employee Benefits Include:
- Remote-First and Autonomous Working Environment
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Home Office Set-Up Stipend
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Monthly Wellness Stipend
- Monthly Lunch/Grocery Stipend
- Parental and Baby Bonding Leave
- Flexible PTO (2 Weeks Minimum Required) + Holidays
- 401k Matching