Senior Software Engineer
Do you want to use your skills to fight climate change and positively impact the communities we live in? OhmConnect, the leader in consumer energy services, is seeking a motivated and passionate Senior Software Engineer to apply software development principles to create a world class solution that reimagines how people use energy.
As a member of our engineering team, you will work closely with product management, business stakeholders, customer support, and engineering colleagues to develop critical product features and integrate with third-party services in the IoT and energy market spaces.
OhmConnect is expanding nationally, bringing our service to new markets in the United States. Your work will directly support this expansion by building features that meet the needs of a growing and geographically diverse user base, supporting integration with new energy markets, and onboarding new marketing partners. You can expect your work to touch the lives and homes of hundreds of thousands of people in the US, Canada, and Australia.
Who we are
OhmConnect was founded to improve the lives of people and the health of the planet by reimagining the way we use energy. We are solving massive inefficiencies in energy markets, changing how people use and view energy, and connecting smart homes with the smart grid. We build products that connect deeply with consumers and invite them to take action to positively impact the planet, their communities, and their wallets.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer striving to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment where everyone feels that they have a voice that is heard.
What we do
Our products encompass:
- Consumer facing applications that use home automation control and user behavior modeling to shape consumer energy consumption.
- Integrations with a growing set of devices and appliances - smart plugs, thermostats, chargers, water heaters, etc.
- Smart Meter data ingestion and analysis for consumer consumption forecast.
- Bidding, monitoring and settlement processes for energy markets.
What you will do
- Design, develop, test and deploy new code and maintain existing code.
- Monitor application performance: raise, prioritize, and manage issue resolution activities.
- Perform peer code review and support our Customer Experience team on technical issues, mentor junior developers.
- Participate in our agile development process - regular team updates, standup meetings, 1-on-1’s.
- Strong knowledge of server-side languages, especially Python or Ruby.
- Solid understanding of SQL databases.
- Dedication to writing clean, robust code, with good unit test coverage.
- Self-driven, curious, results-oriented; able to thrive in a remote environment.
- Enjoy a fun, fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Desire for a career that makes an impact through our mission to rally people to change how and when they use electricity — unlocking clean, affordable and reliable energy.
- Excellent 1-on-1 and team communication skills.
- 4+ years software development experience preferred.
What you'll get
- A competitive salary based on experience.
- Fully remote work environment with home office set-up allowance.
- Real and lived work-life balance - Company perks include unlimited vacation (which our C-level team actively encourages everyone to take!), parental leave, and a corporate value of putting families first.
- Competitive benefits package that includes full suite of wellness benefits and stock options.
- Opportunity to work with amazing people who are passionate about reversing climate change, thriving in a fully-remote work environment, and learning and growing every day.