Senior iOS Engineer
To help businesses save time and money, and unleash their human potential. Our vision is to power and empower millions of businesses with our software.
About Jibble Group
We’re a scale-up in the Workforce Management space that has fully embraced remote work since 2017. Headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, we have 65 staff in 13 different countries.
We launched PayrollPanda.my and Jibble.io in 2016 and 2017 respectively. PayrollPanda has become Malaysia’s leading cloud payroll software, and Jibble an award-winning time clock solution, targeting the fastest-growing region in the world - South-East Asia.
We are one of the leading HR SaaS businesses in South-East Asia, with 4,000+ paying customers across 50+ different markets.
About The Job
We’re looking for a highly experienced iOS engineer to contribute to the next major version of the Jibble app. As part of an ambitious team you’ll work with a cutting edge tech stack. Continuous learning and applying new and emerging technologies and methodologies make this an exciting opportunity for you to expand and deepen your skills on the job.
You will be working in a team of 13 engineers from 8 different countries, operating in bi-weekly sprints with daily stand-ups. We apply Kanban methodology in the development process and impact is continuously measured.
Besides iOS development, you will be involved in the design process - offering feedback and input in meetings with product managers and designers when planning new features and products.
The position offers a competitive salary, paid holidays and a fully remote work environment. When possible, we organise annual meetups in varying locations to work and socialise with the entire team.
Who we are looking for:
- At least 3+ years of experience in mobile development using Swift
- Good understanding of DI concepts
- Practical experience of MVVM design pattern implementation
- Deep understanding of Unit Tests
- Experience in using Mocks
- Experience working in remote teams is an advantage
- Agile (Kanban) software development experience
- At least one published app written on Swift
- Located within UTC - UTC+8 time zones
Your responsibilities will include
- Building the Jibble 2.0 mobile application using Swift
- Creating pixel perfect design using IB
- Working on new features of the mobile application and improving existing core features
- Ensuring code quality and standards while meeting deadlines and delivering targets set by the product team
- Working closely with product managers and data analysts to improve the overall mobile product
- Improving the user experience with the design team
- Communicating with the backend team to discuss and design APIs for new features
Our Tech Stack and Tools
- Swift 5 as the main iOS development language
- Reactive programming with RxSwift
- UI based on storyboards with AutoLayout and size classes
- Alamofier for backend communication with the REST API
- Kotlin native for business logic core
- SwiftLint to ensure styles and conventions
- Bitrise for CI and CD
- Git as a version control system
- Atlassian Jira for ticket & sprint management
- Atlassian Confluence for written specifications and documentation
- Slack for any kind of team communication
Our Joel Test Score
- Source control
- One-step build
- Daily builds
- Bug database
- Fix bugs before writing new code
- Up-to-date schedule
- Specifications for existing & new features
- Quiet working conditions
- Best tools money can buy
- Testers & automated tests
- Hallway usability testing