About the Company
Apollo accelerates the growth and success of your entire sales org with the first truly reliable, scalable revenue engine and account-based sales platform. We’ve created the solution for the persistent pain that reps aren’t sending the right messages, to the right people, at the right time despite the three to six sales point solutions they use each day.
Managers and reps alike can trust our unified platform, which includes an up-to-date database of 200M+ contacts, a full engagement stack, and the industry’s only advanced Rules Engine and fully custom Analytics suite. Reps get a platform with their team’s best practices built in, so they can focus on selling, and managers can build strategies based on advanced revenue data, not guesswork.
Apollo is the foundation of your entire go-to-market strategy.
About The Role
We are looking for an Senior DevOps Engineer to build and scale our production environment. The ideal candidate will have 4+ years of experience, a passion for systems engineering, automating operations, infrastructure security, and high-availability systems. We are heavily invested in Ruby, Mongo, and ElasticSearch.
Some of the challenges we face include designing, building, and scaling:
- Multi-Terabyte level database system (and growing fast!)
- Backend services storing and processing tens of millions of database objects per day
- Robust enterprise-level security infrastructure
- Data pipelines to gather and analyze service and product usage data
- Deploy and staging infrastructure that balances our speed for innovation with the need for robust testing
This is a remote position available from anywhere in the US or anywhere in the world.
As we are scaling our company, we are committed to providing the best possible environment for our engineering team. The less time our engineers spend dealing with cumbersome processes, inefficient systems, and commuting, the more time they have to solve problems and make an impact. We're a technology-first team dedicated to building the greatest engagement software available. We keep in touch with Slack and regular video conferences. You can work from home, a coffee shop or the beach as long as your work is aligned with your goals.
You'll be a critical part of our growing company, working on a cross-functional team to implement best practices in technology, architecture, and process. You'll have the chance to work in an open and collaborative environment, receive and give hands-on mentorship and have opportunities to grow and accelerate your career.
Your daily adventures will include
- Design, build, and scale backend software services for Apollo’s distributed and highly available architecture using modern backend languages.
- (Optional) Implementing and scaling enterprise-level security infrastructure.
- Use automation and configuration management tools to provision hosts in cloud hosting platforms.
- Work cross-functionally with various teams at Apollo.
- Participate in an on-call rotation in which the entire development team participates in, to troubleshoot performance and operational challenges.
Our Vision of You
The ideal candidate should have strong understanding and experience with:
- Linux (Ubuntu)
- Various types of databases (preferably MongoDB, Elasticsearch but not required)
- Experience setting up entire architectures from scratch. Interesting technologies for us: Docker, VPN, Kubernetes
- Distributed systems
- Fault-tolerant and highly-available systems
- Some exposure to a modern backend programming languages, preferably Ruby
- (Good to have) Understanding of best security practices
- Cloud hosting with such as Google, AWS etc.
A successful candidate will dive in to take ownership of problems, design practical forward-thinking solutions, and fundamentally will not accept doing things over and over by hand.
Other key qualities we would like you to possess
- Move fast. Stay hungry. Ambitious.
- Willingness to take leadership in designing and scaling our core infrastructure that will lay the foundation for the company for the next decade.
- G above and beyond to help your team
- Competitive salary, equity grants
- Top of the line healthcare coverage (medical, dental, vision) and 401(k)
- Flexible time-off - recharging and taking time off is a priority for us
- Healthy catered lunches every day and a fully-stocked kitchen with breakfast items, snacks and beverages
- Downtown location with easy access to BART, CalTrain, and MUNI and great views of San Francisco and the Salesforce Park
- Pre-tax commuter benefitsTeam happy hours and team building events
- Dog-friendly office - we love our furry friends