Senior Mobile Engineer
Our romantic relationship with our partner is one of the most important parts of our lives - it has an enormous impact on our happiness, our mental health, and the lives of our children. However, building and sustaining a long-term relationship is challenging, and as time progresses it’s easy to fall into bad relationship habits and lose connection with our partner.
At Paired we believe there’s an opportunity to help couples stay connected via a fun, evidence-based, and affordable mobile app. We launched Paired in October 2020 and have won several awards since then, including being named one of Google’s Best Apps of 2020. Our app is now used by more than 20,000 people a day and we’re poised to accelerate our growth, having recently closed an additional $3.6 million in funding.
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced Mobile Engineer to work alongside our product team to develop new features for our mobile application.
The company is young and moving at breakneck speed; there’s a unique opportunity to influence technical decisions at an early stage and impact the success of the product and the organisation.
What you’ll be doing
- Architect, design and develop new features in our product pipeline by contributing to our mobile application written in React Native
- Work closely with the product and design team to plan and deliver our product strategy
- Contribute where possible to our backend and website, written in Typescript using Node and React/NextJS
- Integrate with third party tools like Bitrise or CodePush
- Help shape the engineering culture and technical best practices of the team
What the hiring process looks like
- Phone screen with our CTO (30 minutes) to understand what you’re looking for in your next role and explain what Paired can offer
- Technical interview (remote), including pair programming and systems design (around 2 hours)
- Meet the team, including our CEO
- At least 4 years professional experience in software development
- Experience with mobile development, using React Native or Android/iOS
- Strong understanding of software design, caching, animations and RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with Redux, React Navigation, SWR, Firebase, Gesture Handler or Reanimated is a plus
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution
- Good communication skills, ability to discuss product and technical issues with ease
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn
- Pragmatism, a strong will to get things done while working independently
- Attractive salary
- Significant stock options
- Remote working
- Fun and talented teammates
- Opportunity to help millions of people with their relationship