Senior Full Stack Developer
Purpose Financial is an independent financial services company with an unrelenting focus on customer-centric innovation, delivered through technology-driven solutions. Led by entrepreneur Som Seif, the company is developing a diversified product platform aimed at addressing historically underserved segments of the market. Purpose Financial's businesses include Purpose Investments, Purpose Advisor Solutions, and Thinking Capital.
Who is Purpose Investments:
Purpose Investments is an innovation-driven asset management company with over $12 billion under management, offering both managed and quantitative investment products. In 2021, we’ve launched an exciting new set of funds to the market that includes the World’s First Bitcoin ETF, the World’s First Ether ETF, a Globe Climate Fund, and an innovative Retirement Pension Fund called Longevity Pension Fund. This is just the beginning for us, with lots more opportunities to grow in the near future.
We are looking for a talented Senior Full-Stack Developer who can bring their passion for building digital products to our team.
You have spent countless hours over the years learning the academics and practical skills to be a great developer. Coding for you is a passion and shockingly people are willing to pay you to do it! You are lazy and never do anything more than once, it is always scripted or you build a robot, that’s how you roll. At Purpose, we encourage everyone to trust themselves and embrace who they are.
Everyone in the team is an integral contributor to our products, working with our customers to design the best solutions. Our open work culture provides the opportunity for you to contribute to all aspects of our technology: data engineering, cutting edge front-end experiences, developing new APIs, integrating event queues for 3rd party SaaS services, all under a 24/7 cloud service deployed platform.
As a key member of our team, you will collaborate with your colleagues to design, develop and deploy the technology platform for a wide breadth of innovative financial and investment products**.**
What You Will Do:
- Develop customer solutions through collaboration with our product, data science, and customer experience experts
- Have the opportunity to own and drive solutions to customer problems
- Write secure code for APIs, frontend, backend, web, mobile, partner integration
- Solve interesting problems and integrate with partner development teams
- Deliver using agile, test-driven design methodology
- Learn and adapt technologies to real problems
The skills & experience you bring
- 8 or more years of experience in web application development
- Experience with back-end languages such as PHP, Python, NodeJS, or others
- Relational databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, or others
- Proficiency with Git version control
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience building cutting edge customer products
- Ability to approach problems through a customer experience lens.
- Love to own problems and drive solutions
Other valued skills & experience
- Experience building RESTful or GraphQL APIs
- Cloud platforms such as AWS, Vercel, Heroku, or others
- Proficiency with Linux/UNIX command-line
- Security & Cryptography
- Experience developing for cryptocurrencies or decentralized finance
Don’t have all of those?
That’s okay. We’re looking for people who can approach challenges with a deep curiosity and hunger to learn. We ourselves are a group of multi-talented developers coming from different industries with various programming language backgrounds. We know learning a new programming language is trivial when you’ve worked with a handful and we’re happy to help the right person pick up the languages and technology we use when you get here.
Why you should join us?
- We believe in innovation and vibrant culture - work for an innovative, people-first, financial services firm that values entrepreneurialism
- We believe in flexibility – A flexible hybrid work model that empowers you to do your best work whether at home or at the office
- We care about your rewards - Competitive compensation including bonuses & equity programs
- We care about your health – comprehensive group health, dental benefits, and life insurance at little to no cost to you. We also offer a Lifestyle Spending Account for all your wellness needs
- We care about your quality of life - A flexible paid-time-off policy with unlimited vacation days, flexible sick and mental health days
- We care about your family - Paid parental leave for eligible employees with top-up
- We care about your future – Generous Group RRSP matching and TFSA program in Purpose funds
- We care about your development – We offer training opportunities and tuition support year-round.
Purpose Financial is an equal employer and we are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and barrier-free work environment for all employees and candidates. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply and if accommodation is required during any stage of the recruitment process, please contact any member of the Talent team. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently working from home. The safety and wellbeing of our teams is our top priority and office time is currently available on a voluntary basis. Our future work philosophy will be a hybrid model allowing for flexibility and collaboration.
For safety reasons, Purpose Financial has adopted a vaccination policy that allows only fully vaccinated employees to enter our offices.