Engineers on the business applications team at Articulate work on complex full stack web-based applications, services, and API. Projects encompass the full e-commerce life-cycle and support customer self-service, license, team and trial management, analytics, customer support, billing and accounting.
The ideal person for this job is a multi-talented Full-Stack Software Engineer comfortable working across and integrating a variety of internal and external platforms. This person takes ownership of their work, learns what is necessary to solve problems and collaborates across teams to implement quality solutions.
What you'll do:
- Develop and extend APIs across multiple frameworks and platforms including Node.js, Ruby on Rails, and Amazon Web Services.
- Contribute to our codebases and help ensure that our coding standards and patterns are observed by participating in design discussions, testing and code reviews.
- Assist support and operations teams in triaging and resolving production issues, including participating in on-call rotation.
What you should have:
- Experience integrating with a variety of third-party API including AWS, Salesforce, Stripe, and Marketo.
- Experience designing and writing unit and functional tests using RSpec, Chai, Mocha, or similar testing frameworks.
- Experience thinking, planning, and executing autonomously and as part of a remote team of technical and non-technical collaborators and stakeholders.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship or work experience.
You're the ideal candidate if:
- Autonomy and ownership. We hire motivated, professional developers and expect them to proactively solve problems and implement quality results. You’ll have as much support as you need but you’ll ultimately be responsible for managing your time and development process and for moving your projects forward to completion.
- Learning and growth. Our team works across a wide variety of applications and technologies with more on the horizon.
- What you’re working with today may not be part of our process in a year and you’re eager to expand your competencies as our stakeholder needs evolve and grow.
- Work with a motivated, talented, and supportive team of project managers, developers, and quality assurance engineers.
- You get equal satisfaction helping your teammates succeed as you do from your individual contributions.
- You have read our human-centered organization framework and are in sync with it 100%.
Articulate is a highly successful, fully remote software company that’s changing the way the world learns. Our award-winning e-learning tools are used by 111,965+ organizations across the globe to create engaging online and mobile courses. Our customers include 100 of the Fortune 100 and 19 of the top 20 U.S. universities. And our online community of 1,035,000+ members is the largest, fastest-growing community in the industry.
We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We’re all free to exercise our crafts the best way we know how to reach our goals as individuals and teams. Each and every one of us is focused on producing results that directly impact the company’s success. And we all strive to do what’s right by people, both internally and externally, instead of taking the shortest route to the highest profits.