Senior Software Engineer
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.
We are looking for strong senior back-end software engineers to maintain and own the core navigation system responsible for the user’s browsing experience at Wish. You will need to work closely with other product functions and provide support for iterations and experiments of in-app navigation and product discovery. Depending on your skills and experience, you will help build a team to execute on large product initiatives and migrations. This is a unique opportunity to own the critical core navigation system in Wish and have a direct impact on the Wish user's shopping experience.
You will enjoy working with one of the richest social e-commerce data sets in the world, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products on a regular basis. Our engineers move fast, while solving unusual and challenging problems. Our team is small and nimble. We release new code daily to ensure that engineers are able to iterate quickly, and make an impact immediately. We cultivate an environment for smart, driven engineers to thrive.
What you'll be doing:
- Have a critical role in building and maintaining a key piece of our product core navigation system serving millions of users with billions of products per day
- Work with mobile/web engineers, product manager, data analyst, designers and QA teams to move projects from inception to completion
- Manage all technical aspects of relationships with different stakeholders and take ownership of the implementations as well as follow up maintenance
- Optimize and iterate on the architecture and performance of the core navigation system, lead the effort of migrating the existing stacks into microservices
- Build reporting and monitoring tools to ensure the stability of the deployment and the associated systems
- Establish and disseminate best practices within and across teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent from a top university
- 5+ years of programming experience in the industry
- Proficient with Python, Go, or other scripting languages
- Proficient with NoSQL databases like MongoDB, as well as relational databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL.
- Experience in building APIs as well as single handedly designing large scale systems to support these APIs
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skill as well as documentation skills
- Self motivated, relentlessly focused on impact and able to operate under a great deal of independence, able to build features quickly and iterating in a data driven fashion
- Deep passion for improving the design, implementation and maintenance of large scale software systems with millions of users
- Experience working on large scale consumer facing applications
- Experience in microservices, exposure to SOA in an industry leading company
- Experience in interviewing and mentioning junior engineers