Java Software Developer
We’re Building the Future! Ever want to do hard work that will make a REAL difference in the world? Do you want to solve some of the most difficult problems with a team of exceptional players at a company that does not believe in impossible
Powin Energy is a leading producer of utility scale modular battery energy storage system (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system). That means we build power plants out of batteries that put coal and gas generators out of business and enable sustainable viability for renewable energy sources like solar and wind.
Powin is, and will continue to be, one of a handful of companies that will provide the equipment necessary to make this happen. Powin has distinct competitive advantages: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; deploy-ability; and operational sophistication. Every day we work to ensure that we maintain these competitive advantages and our position as a global leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications
Powin's Product Engineering team is looking for a Java Software Engineer. The Software Engineer will be responsible for writing code, writing unit tests, and working collaboratively with Powin's Quality Assurance team, including defining and running test scenarios. The ideal candidate for this role is a Java developer with experience with AWS, SQL, and Python. The role is hands on, reports to the Director of Software Engineering, and assists with developing, refining, and advancing Powin's battery energy storage technology for use in the next generation of the grid.
- Collaborate with team to develop new software for Powin’s energy storage system. This position focuses on (1) Powin’s cloud-based Extract-Transform-Load logic and Data Warehousing, (2) customer-facing Data APIs for real-time information, and (3) Powin’s cloud-based dispatch Optimization Platform for Powin's battery energy storage technology.
- Implement features in Java, writes unit tests, and contributes actively to code reviews
- Work with Powin’s Data Analytics Team, Technical Product Management, Quality Assurance, and other software engineers to create and maintain cloud-based software
- Participate in testing and troubleshooting tasks to help the team overcome challenges
- Participates in Code Inspections and Agile ceremonies
- 1-3 years of experience with Object Oriented Programming (proficiency in Java is required)
- 1-3 years’ experience with SQL (PostgreSQL preferred)
- 1-3 years’ experience with AWS
- 1-3 years’ experience with Python
- Experience in the energy industry is a plus
- Experience with React is a plus