Senior iOS Software Engineer
At Housecall Pro, we are focused on making the lives of service professionals better by helping them to incorporate technology into their daily workflow. We are the operating system for service labor across the US and Canada.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work on advanced projects on our flagship iOS application. You will be responsible for the development and refinement of new features across our product line. Your primary focus will be to work directly with the product management team to conceive, develop, and refine our core web applications and deliver outstanding experiences and value to our customers. You will work in an iterative, data driven environment to refine the application. Your leadership skills will be important in mentoring junior teammates and conducting rigorous code reviews across the teams you work with. A strong commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential. Your customer-centric focus is critical for our and our customers’ success.
Our Engineering team is extraordinary. We’re a hardworking and focused team driven to deliver industry-leading apps to our service professional customers. Our success is their success. Our team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client-focused team members is the "engine room" of Housecall Pro, helping our customers operate and grow their businesses.
- Design, develop and deploy features for Housecall Pro’s core iOS application
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Work with product management to refine initial concepts features that deliver customer delight
- Build and execute a high velocity of smart, highly performant server side A/B tests to increase business metrics
- Conduct code reviews and architectural reviews for features developed by other members of the team
- Lead feature teams in their weekly iterations
- Stay up to date with new Growth and Personalization tools
- Develop and maintain code quality standards and enforce them across the team
- Continually introduce architectural improvements and refactorings to the code baseline
- Write automated tests at the appropriate architectural level
- Maintain and improve our continuous integration and development environments
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix product defects
- Ability to work at a fast pace with a drive to quickly deliver value to our customers
- BS, MS or Ph.D in a computer science / computer engineering program
- 3-10 years industry experience developing commercial iOS applications
- 1-2 years experience leading teams and performing code reviews
- Advanced knowledge of Swift / Objective C
- Data Driven
- Attention to detail and an eye for design
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Strong proficiency with continuous integration/continuous deployment
- Experience with Kotlin a plus
- Experience with Ruby on Rails a plus
- Experience with MaterialUI a plus
Why Housecall Pro
- Housecall Pro is a mission-driven company. Our co-founder/CEO built a software company to help service professionals like his father (a house painter) get to a better life. We save our service professionals time, and help them, in turn, to delight their end-customers.
- We are tackling the last, large market ($700b+) untouched by technology and unencumbered by a dominant competitor.
- Our goal is to build a $10 billion+ company that is a powerful brand to home service providers and consumers.
- We have fun at work. Really.
- We have a N.A.P. (No Acronym Policy) so we all speak the same language.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Equity in a growth stage startup backed by top-tier Venture Capital (VCs).
- Paid holidays and self-managed (unlimited) paid time off.
Housecall Pro is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Housecall Pro is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.