Hi, I'm Matthew, CTO at Customer.io. I'm looking for a Fullstack Engineer to join our growing Engineering team.
Customer.io is looking for product-focused, collaborative fullstack developers who love solving interesting puzzles and are excited to help us build out a scalable platform that our customers love. In this role, you’ll have a direct impact on the product with a high degree of ownership and freedom. Our small, remote-first team is fun-loving, passionate, and highly effective. We offer a lot of opportunity to grow and refine your skills while having a significant impact. Other members of our team have backgrounds in a wide variety of industries, from AdTech to Gaming, and we believe that embracing our unique perspectives and expertise is key to our success as a collaborative team.
We value diversity, and as a distributed company are committed to giving you the flexibility and freedom to work from anywhere in the world, on a schedule that fits your family and your life.
What you'll do:
- Apply your unique perspective to help us define and build the next generation of features and infrastructure needed to help our customers and our company to flourish
- Contribute to and maintain our growing design system
- Learn, practice, and share with your coworkers through code review, pair programming, team collaboration, and training to help improve our collective knowledge and best practices together
- Work with our tech support teams to diagnose operational issues and help our customers to achieve their goals with our product
- Take an active role in a friendly supportive team that encourages you and the entire company to grow as individuals, professionals, and teams
What we're looking for:
- A collaborative mindset backed by excellent communication skills and a desire to help us make great decisions in an empathetic and respectful way
- Experience working with customers and applying a deep understanding of their needs to produce timely solutions to their real-world problems
- A solid understanding of how to create front-end web applications that are both accessible and performant
- A solid understanding of problems of scalability and experience building out performant distributed applications on cloud infrastructure.
- Comfort working in UNIX environments and applying modern collaborative development practices. Go experience is nice to have, but most of our engineers have succeeded while picking it up on the job
- Experience in working with RDB systems, preferably MySQL
- Experience working within a distributed company is preferred
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 2,600 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMS, and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $93,000 - $154,000 USD depending on experience and subject to market rate.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
20 days PTO - we offer 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents 12 weeks paid parental leave - for birth, adoption, or foster care Health and wellness allowance - Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs Home office stipend - Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work Internet + cell phone reimbursement - Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans Co-working space reimbursement - Up to $300 USD per month for those times you'd prefer to work in a co-working environment Learning + development - Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops - anything that will help you develop your skills 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io - to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose Company retreats twice a year - we typically get together IRL every spring and fall, but most recently had an amazing virtual retreat! Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! - as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.