Senior Frontend Engineer
You are a senior developer who loves programming and shipping production software. You also have keen design instincts, and an ability to simplify data-rich interfaces until the data speaks for itself. You are passionate about open source, including open source frontend frameworks like Vue.js and D3.js.
As for Parse.ly, it's a fully distributed team, which means 100% of our engineers, designers, and product managers (including our founders & management team) work out of home offices. This has been true for years, long before the pandemic switched people's work styles -- so we have a thoughtful approach to fully distributed collaboration that has been refined over time.
Most of the product team is located in US/Eastern and US/Central timezones. We'll give preference to those timezones, because even though we operate on a distributed/async model, we like to have timezone overlap for f2f (video) collaboration and pairing. We prefer to hire US-based candidates, but we'll consider other timezone-aligned locations in North and South America for this role.
What You'll Do
- Write Vue.js code using the best practices.
- Design novel interface implementations and data visualizations.
- Creatively sketch and design new product features.
- Prototype new features and carry them through to production.
- Analyze customer usage data to improve shipped features.
An Ideal Applicant Will Have
- 5+ years experience in technology.
- A preference for self-sufficient productivity.
- Experience with Vue.js, or a desire to learn Vue.js.
- Some basic knowledge of other SPA frameworks (e.g. React, Angular).
- Comfort with git, the command line, and Python.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams.
- A customer focused mindset with a strong desire to ship.
A Note About Automattic
In February 2021, Parse.ly was acquired by Automattic's enterprise software division, WPVIP. Automattic is one of the biggest champions of open source and the open web, and also one of the top fully distributed employers in the world. Though you will interview for the Parse.ly team within WPVIP and Automattic, if you receive a job offer, it will be to become an Automattician, which means having colleagues who observe the Automattic creed and getting access to Automattic's excellent employee benefits.