At Kurt Geiger we celebrate individuality, believing our differences make us more powerful as a collective.
Diversity, equality and inclusion are at the core of who we are and we strive to reflect this in every corner of our company culture, starting with the promotion of equal opportunities. Though prejudice prevails in our world, it is not welcome in our workplace, and ensuring the equality of all our people processes to recruit a diverse workforce remains paramount.
We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone is granted the opportunity to thrive as their authentic self.
Currently Europe’s leading luxury shoe and accessory retailer we are looking for dynamic individuals who are as passionate about our business as we are. We work hard at Kurt Geiger because we love what we do and strive to be the best in our industry; through amazing people, beautiful product, innovative designs and evolving store concepts.
About The Role:
This is a position within one of our product development teams, where you will be working on the delivery of a diverse number of e-commerce projects.
It would be a technical and hands-on role that would suit a backend engineer looking to use their experience in various web technologies, as you will be working on products built predominantly on Node.js using Typescript, Mulesoft and PHP.
Our Tech Stack:
We use a variety of tools and technologies but you are not expected to have worked with all of them. Our technology stack includes; NodeJS, TypeScript, React, GraphQL, Amazon Web Services, Mulesoft , PHP and Snowflake
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Develop microservices using AWS Lambda and Typescript
- Contribute towards the development of API’s in Mulesoft
- Work on a variety of cutting edge AWS services
- Use various tools to log and monitor the performance of our applications
- Use Snowflake to analyse and query our data
- Pair programming with other developers and code reviews
- Use CI/CD and create automated pipelines for the deployment of our applications
- Develop software following DDD+BDD practices and working in an Agile Kanban environment
- Come up with creative solutions to develop performant and scalable applications
What You’ll Bring:
- Solid software engineering experience
- Experience in writing high quality PHP code following TDD principles
- Understanding of Rest API's
- Adherence to always writing your test first and code against that failing test
- A passion for learning and desire to help others learn together
- Knowledge of AWS or other cloud technologies
- A keen understanding of software design patterns and where each can be applied
- Worked with Mulesoft or have developed REST API’s using any other technologies
- Good understanding of Agile Project Management (Scrum or Kanban)
- Competitive basic salary
- Pension and life insurance
- Enviable discounts
- Monthly half day Friday’s
- Sample Sales
- Harrods Discount
- Access to a 24/7 wellbeing helpline and GP Service