Senior Software Engineer
ChartMogul - EU
Posted: a year ago
As with many young companies, your responsibilities will change over time. However, here are some of the responsibilities we expect you to take on as a Senior Software Engineer:
- Gathering and processing large volumes of data, you’ll play a meaningful role in improving a backend that processes very high volumes of raw data
- Supporting the rest of the team in improving the quality of our main Rails application
- Contributing to technology strategy – we will decide together how to evolve our data processing pipeline using technologies that fit our purposes
- Staying up to date with the latest trends in technology
Sounds interesting? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have 4+ years of experience, with at least 2 of them developing high traffic web applications
- You have experience with Ruby
- Strong experience in SQL and data processing. We use PostgreSQL for almost everything
- Good knowledge of cloud environments, particularly AWS and DigitalOcean
- Good knowledge of the fundamentals of software development – how to structure programs and decompose problems, when to apply patterns, and understand to select the right paradigm for a task
- Next to speaking English fluently, you are able to understand and translate business requirements into clearly articulated technology solutions
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Rust
- Knowledge of CI/CD systems and practice
- Good knowledge of provisioning and orchestration tools. We presently use SaltStack and Terraform
- You’re passionate about programming. You know how to run code, not just write it
- You’re pragmatic and know when to be hands-on and enjoy taking the lead in challenging situations.
- You’re excited to learn new technologies and best practices.
- You’re always up for pairing and tackling problems with your colleagues.
- You’re eager to learn, contribute to design and architecture decisions, and inspire change
What is it like to work at ChartMogul?
- You’ll join the adventures of an early-stage company and experience what it means to have a job that’s incredibly impactful
- You’ll become part of a team of nice, awesome, and highly dedicated people that all have the same mission: Helping companies to build better businesses
- You’ll receive a great salary pack (market or upmarket)