MartianCraft has an exciting opportunity for someone that enjoys technically-challenging Android challenges and producing real time apps that have a direct impact on the users.
We are looking for a smart and experienced Android engineer to work with MartianCraft’s team of senior developers. This is a remote work opportunity—MartianCraft is a fully remote company. You must thrive in a fast-moving work environment, be able to adapt to changes quickly, anticipate business needs, and be effective with minimal structure and process. The broad range of applications and team members makes excellent communication skills a priority.
We're looking for someone who is experienced developing Android apps and has a strong portfolio to show for it. Ideal candidates should be able to demonstrate an thorough understanding of:
- Android SDK fundamentals
- Architecture Components
- Consuming data from RESTful APIs
- Material design
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Unit-test code for usability, reliability, and robustness
- Fix bugs and improve application performance
- Interact directly with client teams to determine requirements and task prioritization
- Use project management tools like Jira to organize work
- At least 5 years of software development experience on Android platforms (Java, Kotlin, Android SDK, Wear OS, etc)
- Able to quickly become familiar with large, complex code bases
- Experienced with Git
- Familiar with GitHub Enterprise and Jenkins
- Past experience working remotely
- Excellent proactive verbal and written communication skills
- Able to collaborate effectively with teams
- Able to deliver high quality work under tight deadlines
Candidates must be U.S.-based and able to travel 1-2 times a year to client site
MartianCraft is a software design and development agency. We tackle wide ranging projects, from enhancing enterprise software experiences to helping bring new businesses to market. We know what it takes to ship great software. Our specialists work collaboratively across disciplines to create software without peer. Our process focuses on quality.
This is a full-time employment position with a full benefits package including medical/dental/vision/Rx insurance, paid time off, and a 401(k). Contract positions also available.