Full Stack Developer
AS THE WORLD MOVES TO FHIR, THERE ARE PLENTY OF REASONS TO SMILE
Smarter decisions, fewer barriers, and better incentives are just the beginning. Smile Digital Health makes it easy for healthcare stakeholders to collect and exchange data with our leading FHIR-based data liberation platform.
We reduce barriers between information and care for those who deliver or consume health services and products and whose roles or care are hindered by fractured, inaccessible or complex information systems.
Let’s make a difference!
The Full-Stack Software Developer position is responsible for developing the software components that build on top of the core of the Smile CDR product. This includes the storage layer, management tools, interface and integration components, and deployment infrastructure. The developer works closely with all business areas to gather product requirements and design, implement and test components. The developer’s deliverables will be apps or modules for functionality in Smile CDR. The team works in an Agile environment with 2-week sprints.
- Help shape the approach, scope, milestones, and solution design at the project start.
- Implement solutions with the development team: write code, configure external components and prototype new technology.
- Write manageable code and unit tests and create relevant documentation.
- Attend regular status meetings.
- Determine risk assessments for issues.
- Support QA testing activities throughout the sprint.
- Participate in client meetings if required.
- Remain acutely aware of all priorities, deadlines, and backlogs to positively coach and assist the team in completing the required project tasks.
- Understand the functionality being developed to provide support to the team.
- Provide support, coaching and feedback to the junior staff (Including in-depth in-person code reviews, pair-programming and collaborative problem analysis).
- Participate in monthly Technology meetings to help guide corporate technical processes, architecture, and strategy.
- 5+ years of experience with Full-stack Development.
- 5+ years of experience with Java (Spring) OR NodeJS.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, Docker containers and networking.
- Experience with cloud configuration and deployments like AWS/Azure or Google cloud.
- Post-secondary diploma in Engineering, IT, Healthcare or related field, or equivalent experience.