Senior Frontend Engineer
Union.ai is a Seattle-based startup founded by a team of former Lyft engineers. We contribute to Flyte, an open source platform for orchestrating massively scalable machine learning pipelines running on Kubernetes.
These pipelines power some of the most popular apps on your phone, as well as applications in diverse industries such as song sharing, vaccine research, early cancer detection, global map rendering, financial projecting, and piloting autonomous vehicles.
We are seeking seasoned senior front-end engineers to deliver delightful web user experiences to the people managing these complicated systems. You will be challenged to build complex, modern web applications quickly but thoughtfully, balancing speed-to-market with scalability and maintainability.
In this role, you will:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
- We are seeking candidates with at least 3-5 years of experience building modern interactive web experiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills -- we work as a global team integrated with with a global open-source community
- Proven eloquence in modern TypeScript
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Proven unit testing discipline
- Mastery of cross-browser accessibility standards, and proven commitment to building accessible web applications
- Expert knowledge of debugging, maintaining, and upgrading live software systems
Benefits & Belonging
At Union.ai we know that employees who feel their best can build amazing things and we are proud to offer best in class benefits that will continually evolve and grow as the needs of our employees do. Benefits may vary based on country
- Excellent medical - We pay 100% of your premiums and 90% for your dependents
- Generous dental and vision plans- We pay 80% of the premiums for you and your dependents
- Meaningful equity in the form of options – all employees are owners here
- Unlimited PTO + 11 company holidays
- 401K company match - 100% match on your first 3% contribution, and 50% match on your next 3% of contribution
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
- Flexible work schedule at a remote friendly company