Senior Full Stack Engineer
Posted: 10 months ago
As Zapier continues to scale our mission to democratize automation, we’re hiring Senior Full Stack Engineers across the organization. Zapier’s on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Zapier has helped millions of people build businesses through the power of automation.
Here are some of the teams you might join:
- Developer Platform team. The Developer Platform team works to make it easy for 3rd party developers to connect their APIs to Zapier, and add their products to the Zapier ecosystem. We build the tools and systems that empower developers to create great experiences for their users in the Zapier product. Our product set drives more than 4,000 API integrations today. As a full stack engineer you will be responsible for advancing the core components of the Zapier platform and our developer-facing products, mentoring junior developers, leading architectural discussions and helping to grow the entire developer ecosystem. You'll also work closely with some of the most talented and diverse groups of developers in the field.
- Partner team. An established, fun, dynamic team that owns Zapier’s public API and embedding components bringing all of our integrations directly to users where they work: on our partners’ sites. Our team’s products show up on our largest, most-visited partners’ apps and to our up-and-coming stars. You’ll work closely with a diverse group of peers including our team leadership to design and build the future of our Partner experiences. What can you envision?
- You can build scalable web apps. You have at least 8 years of software development building web-based software products. You’ve worked across the stack, and though you may have more experience with frontend frameworks or with building web services, you can dive into any aspect of an application. Zapier is built on Python, Django, React, Node.js, and AWS. We use modern tools, which means you’ll have the opportunity to work with software like Memcached, RabbitMQ, Zookeeper, Docker, Redis, Kubernetes, Puppet, Ansible and much more.
- You can build frontend components. You’ve used a modern frontend framework to develop frontend components. You value user experience and think about reuse as well.
- You care about users. You spend most of your time coding but are driven by solving user needs. You contribute to design and product strategy discussions with a broad understanding of both the constraints and opportunities created by technology.
- You value code quality. You understand that testing your code and good code coverage is essential in delivering a solid product. You know how to document well and lean on automation whenever possible. You have an understanding of tech debt and can formulate a plan to address it, but know how to ship production-ready code.
- You have a systems-oriented mindset. You're inquisitive. You build a deep understanding of problems and are good at spotting patterns. You understand how to design and implement end-to-end software systems.
- You value our values. At Zapier, our values are at the heart of how we work together and how we think about our customers. As a remote-first company, our values help develop trust and ensure we collaborate effectively to democratize automation. You recognize how our values can empower meaningful work, you thrive in a collaborative setting, you are eager to continue growing, and you’re excited to be part of the team.
Things You'll Do
Zapier is a fast-growing, remote-first company. You'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Building and scaling web products that directly impact our customers or partners.
- Developing frontend components and UIs that are reusable and highly performant.
- Design and build RESTful APIs to be used in a front-end application
- Run experiments to learn what techniques work best at keeping users engaged and informed
- Monitor reliability and performance through dashboards and tools to ensure availability
- Dig into bugs and feature requests
- Work with teams and stakeholders across Zapier to help them deliver value to customers in new and exciting ways
- Help other engineers on the team and across Zapier
- As a part of Zapier's all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.
The Whole Package
Our flexible, distributed environment lets us work with the best people from around the world. Zapiens live in 40+ countries, including the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more!
- Competitive salary and profit-sharing program
- Equity for All: Stock options (or equivalent) for every Zapien
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
- Two annual all-company retreats
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4-5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network