This position will support APAC hours.
What's the job?
Percona Support is a global, elite team of superhero engineers who love getting to the bottom of weird and interesting database behavior. We understand our customers’ business needs and the nuances of their technical environments. This allows us to help our customers see the big picture and identify opportunities to improve their overall database infrastructures.
This is not a boring, entry-level role where you’ll just be triaging the boring and monotonous.
You’ll be teaming with some of the most well known database ninjas in the industry who are even better teammates, friends and mentors. You’ll have the opportunity to develop your own skills and become more powerful than you can possibly imagine…. with databases. This is a remote role, so you can be located anywhere in the world. All you need is a decent, stable internet connection.
What does it take to be a Percona superhero?
- Excellent knowledge of both RDBMSs and MongoDB, including:
- All aspects of configuration and best practices
- Schema design, performance tuning, query optimization, & index tuning
- Backup solutions
- Replica set and sharding topologies
- Engine selection and usage
- Detailed understanding of monitoring requirements
- Demonstrable experience of administering Linux based systems
- Knowledge about virtualized environments such as VMWare, Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Knowledge about cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud, Digital Ocean and/or Azure)
- Ability to troubleshoot methodically, identifying and applying fixes for known errors, and when necessary, capacity to think outside of the box to resolve complex issues
- Enthused to expand your skill set with new technologies as the industry continues to evolve
- Availability to travel for the occasional team meeting, conference and customer visits
- Experience working with customers in English
- Completed MongoDB University courses
It's cool if you also have experience with:
- Percona Backup for MongoDB
- Experience with MongoDB Atlas
- MySQL/Postgres DBA troubleshooting (basic level or higher)
- Nagios, Percona Monitoring Plugins and other monitoring tools
- Configuration management solutions such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Percona Toolkit suite
- Writing Python and Go
- MySQL and/or MongoDB certificates
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.