Senior Software Engineer
Workit Spaces is a fast-growing Australian startup – we’re building innovative ecosystems that power the booming eCommerce industry. To deliver on our mission, we provide eCommerce and Coworking Hubs and this year are launching Australia’s leading order fulfilment SaaS platform and fulfilment network: SKUtopia.
SKUtopia is a cloud-based software solution allowing eCommerce businesses to manage orders across mulitple storefronts, as well as inventory, shipping and warehousing all in one platform. On top of this, we’ll provide highly robotised 3PL services, which will use SKUtopia with our in house leading computer vision and AI technology for fast delivery, quality control and accuracy.
Our head office is in Sydney but we have team members across Australia and are happy for you to work remotely. If you're in Sydney, we've got a beautiful office in Alexandria with an excellent in-house cafe and even better bunch of humans.
We’re looking for a Senior Developer to join our talented team, and focus on designing and developing backend web application features. You'll be working with Typescript, Node.js and GraphQL, handling the entire backend development cycle - infrastructure, backend architecture, design, development, deployment, monitoring, and testing. We're looking for people who love finding innovative solutions to complex issues and writing clean and maintainable code.
If you’re passionate about infrastructure, addicted to new technologies, and want to build a scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant platform, we'd love to chat.
What we think you'll need:
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills and a collaborative, problem-solving
- Commercial experience in design and implementation of highly scalable and distributed web applications
- High standard of code quality, testing and performance
- Good experience in programming languages such as Typescript and Node.js
- Experience with infrastructure and configuration of large PostgreSQL and/or NoSQL databases
- Commercial experience with APIs and query languages such as GraphQL
- Commercial experience with domain modelling and relational database design
- Commercial experience with designing robust backend architectures with a strong focus on event, data & workload persistence & durability
It would be great if you have:
- Experience with Kubernetes and Google Cloud Platform
- Terraform experience
- Android experience
- Experience working with eCommerce APIs. E.g. Shopify, Courier APIs, eCommerce
We know that this is a long list, and we aren't expecting to find someone who ticks every box! If you are open to finding out more, please send us your details and we'll be in touch to chat soon.
When you join us, you’ll be an important pillar of rapidly growing startup. From day one you will be challenged to take risks, think big and make an impact while getting lots of love and support from the team.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, fully remote working options and an environment where you can do your best work.