Principal Frontend Engineer
Qatalog helps people and teams work smarter — even when they’re distributed. It joins up everyone’s apps, work, and comms in a central dashboard. We're dedicated to shifting how people think and use tools in the workplace and would love for you to join us.
Thousands of organizations are now powered by Qatalog and our product’s been rated 5 stars on G2, been the #1 on Product Hunt, and chosen in 2021 as a Gartner Cool Vendor. Backed by Atomico, Salesforce Ventures, and Mosaic, we’re looking to scale up our engineering team to help us achieve our vision of unlocking the collective potential of teams.
We're an ambitious, experienced, and compassionate team composed of Amazon, Mozilla, Wise, and InVision alumni.You’ll join a collaborative group of professionals from many different backgrounds who’ve built and scaled large teams and products. Our engineering team uses the latest technology and develops on a foundation of best practices including architectural decision records (ADRs) in our monorepo, gitflow for our CI/CD pipelines, and thorough suite of test automation.
ES6/Typescript, React/Redux, Node, GraphQL/Apollo, styled-components, Webpack, Storybook, Cypress, Docker, GCP
We’re looking for a candidate that will be at the heart of Qatalog’s frontend engineering strategy, capable of driving the next phase of evolution for both our core platform and in-house talent, while simultaneously championing the culture that makes Qatalog a fantastic place to work. The ideal candidate is an effective force multiplier and able to amplify your frontend peers, driving them towards robust, scalable architectures that continually solve for the customer. You will be the expert that everyone goes to when decisions need to be made about front-end related tools, processes, architecture, and people. You will drive high impact features, so it’s important that you can effectively balance the intersection of quality, velocity, and cost.
- Collaborate across product, engineering, and design to provide technical direction, tool iteration, and feature development across all product roadmaps.
- A standards bearer, you will be responsible for the technical quality and strategy for the frontend team helping level-up our practices
- You recognize front-end technical debt as a tool, not burden, and know when to incur this debt and how to pay it back while keeping the business’ needs in mind
- You will be at the forefront of significant technology initiatives from the whiteboard to deployment, with an eye on how our frontend architecture will look in 6, 12, and 18 months time.
- You can drive tangible performance improvements with a demonstrated availability to diagnose, remediate, and protect against performance problems.
- You can grow the team around you through mentoring, collaboration, PR reviews, and overall technical leadership.
- This is a hands-on role, there’s an expectation to spend at least 50% of your time developing features (customer facing or internal developer experience improvements)
- An excellent understanding of core web/browser technologies and cross-browser considerations
- Expert experience in Typescript, Design Systems, and Git
- Expert experience with React and a state management library (Redux, RTK, etc)
- Expert experience with CSS and any browser quirks
- Expert experience with front-end testing methodologies (ie: Storybook, RTL, Cypress, Playwright, etc)
- Professional experience with a bundler (Webpack, esbuild, Vite, etc)
- Professional experience with GraphQL (Apollo Client/Server preferred)
Nice to have:
- Professional experience maintaining OSS libraries
- Professional experience with React Native, Capacitor, or other Mobile development frameworks
- Professional experience with Browser Extensions
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful stock options
- 25 days annual holiday (plus 8 public holidays)
- Premier health insurance
- Monthly flexible benefits
- Choice of MacBook and peripherals, along with a remote setup allowance
- Fully remote role (with offices in London and New York)