Senior Java Developer
CNSI delivers a broad range of health information technology enterprise solutions and customizable products to a diverse base of state and federal agencies. We align, build, and manage innovative, high-quality, cost-effective solutions that help customers achieve their mission, enhance business performance, reduce costs, and improve health for over 51 million Americans.
CNSI is currently looking for a Sr. Software Engineer w/ Java skills to join our Department of Labor program as we continue to grow.
As a Software Engineer/ Java Developer on our U.S. Department of Labor Program, you will be part of a team providing technical & ops support to our Federal client for Office of Workers Compensation Program. You will learn the system and play a key role to support system design and develop and implement components of the application and program. You will have the opportunity to broaden your skills and learn more about the health information systems while working from your home office.
Position will be Remote in U.S.
- Design, development, and engineering of application software solutions using application frameworks such as Spring, JQuery, and web, application servers such as Apache, WildFly [JBoss], Tomcat, WebLogic, or WebSphere.
- Design, development, and engineering of REST and SOAP web services
- Deliver high-quality code by creating and maintaining a high percentage of unit and integration test cases
- Ensure code quality, application security, accessibility
- Create and update required documentation, such as the Low-Level Design Document (LLD)
- Provide the ability to monitor system performance and uptime and quickly respond to issues when they occur
- Lead technical impact analysis on change requests and feasibility analysis on potential future application projects
- Support Software Quality Assurance (SQA) team to develop test cases for complex scenarios and help them with automation
- Conduct code reviews and ensure the code written complies with CNSI’s standard and best practices and provide improvement feedback to developers
- Mentor associate developers in the adoption of CNSI standards and utilization of technologies and tools
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 6+ years of relevant IT work experience
- 5 years + hands on experience in Java (JEE, J2EE) application frameworks, web services environments, languages, and formats
- Demonstrated working knowledge of front-end and back-end technology stacks
- Relational databases (such as Oracle, SQL Server) experience
- Understanding of configuring application code
- Ability to handle multiple projects and collaborate with a variety of teams
- Ability to use reasoning to troubleshoot, solve, and escalate technical problems.
- CI/CD pipelines steps and automation tools a plus
- knowledge of Healthcare, Medicaid, MMIS, Provider and Claims, or related system is a “plus”