Fully remote anywhere - at least 3 hrs of overlap with Pacific Standard Time (PST) work hours, Anywhere, CA, United States Company Description
Demand for supply chain solutions has been astronomical as the world becomes more globalized, and the pandemic has worsened delays and shortages in an already complex industry. To address all this supply chain turmoil, Terminal49 has created a data platform that streamlines and automates the manual work of container tracking to save hours of labor, keep cargo moving, and save money for all parties in the supply chain.
We’re currently a small team of 6 and have grown the business to $2M in ARR over the last 12 months, and are growing profitably at 20%+ MOM with mostly inbound interest from new customers.
OVERVIEW OF OUR BENEFITS PROGRAMS AND CULTURE
- We value flexibility and health - a balanced life is important to a healthy work environment so we offer unlimited vacation, great benefits, and fully remote flexible work hours.
- You can work remotely anywhere with flexible work hours where you can set your own schedule; just be available for 3 hrs of overlap with PST.
- We not only offer full health benefits, but also a 401K plan and dependent care FSA (employee premium paid by us).
This is an exciting opportunity within a startup environment where there is limitless growth potential. We need a motivated Ruby on Rails Engineer that has worked on production level apps used by customers and has continually improved the app code base over time.
- You'll be the first-full time backend focused product engineer and you'll be wearing the product and engineering hat.
- Work closely with engineering leadership to architect and scale backend systems.
- Design modern web-based application development technologies with Ruby on Rails development with knowledge of standard RoR technologies.
- Prioritize and improve our product experience based on customer feedback.
- Enhancing the on-boarding experience to help users quickly upload and track containers within minutes of signing up.
- Subscription billing integration with Stripe so we can convert free signups to paying customers.
Who you are
- 3+ years of SaaS dev experience with Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq, and PostgreSQL.
- Experience with Serverless (Google Cloud or AWS Lambda).
- Comfortable updating and integrating external APIs.
- Strong English written and verbal skills to communicate with our international team.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills working with a remote team.
- An enthusiastic self starter, entrepreneurial by nature individual with a “can-do” attitude.
- Desire to learn the ins and outs of global container logistics.
- Experienced at talking to users and willing to constantly do so without encouragement.
- Excited to collaborate with everyone on the team: engineers, customer facing folks, etc—you believe inspiration can come from anywhere.
- 3+ hrs of overlap with PST working hours.
- Startup experience and supply chain experience is a plus.
- Experience with Ember.js, scraping, and data pipelines is a big plus.
- Experience writing technical documentation or blogs is a plus.
PROCESS TO JOB OFFER
- Upload your resume to this position or make sure you send it to us on email or LinkedIn
- Screen / Interview by Recruiting Team
- Interview by Hiring Manager
- Tech Interview
- Job Offer