Staff Software Engineer
Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We're large enough that you'll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you'll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
We’re also open to remote hires within all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska.
Etsy is looking for a Staff Engineer to provide technical leadership for our new Buyer Expansion team. You're an engineer who can turn ideas into extremely fast and reliable code that other people - or you, six months into the future - will find easy to comprehend and modify. You believe in Etsy's vision of a human-driven economy, and are passionate about building the products that enable that economy.
You will be successful in this role if you:
- Are a senior technical leader and can help others around you grow as developers and be successful.
- Care as much about building great products as you do writing phenomenal code.
- Have a knack for organization and breaking down large problems into smaller ones.
- Can be autonomous and self-disciplined.
- Strong database experience, especially around scaling applications. You can spin yarns about how you've done this right and wrong at your previous jobs. And we'll give bonus points if you can actually spin yarn.
- Understanding of the various aspects involved in running a large-scale website.
- Enjoy learning about and interacting with the people who use your product.