Backend / API Engineer
Primer is an early stage startup backed by Europe's leading investors (Revolut, MySQL, TransferWise, UiPath).
Our mission: enable online merchants to power the world's greatest payments experiences for their customers. (We know, it's vague... but we're in stealth mode!)
We want you!
We're looking for super ambitious, product minded folks to join our rapidly growing engineering team.
We are remote-first
(Not a company that has become remote during these pressing times.) Started in just January of this year, our team currently sits across London, Paris, Wales and Berlin.
You should apply if...
- You're passionate about building beautifully crafted APIs + creating awesome developer experiences. Primer is geared towards engineers and data teams. Build a product you would use, and bring your unique insights and perspective to the table as an engineer in shaping our product offering.
- You like solving hefty problems. Our greatest challenges are yet on the horizon, and we'll need hard-working and creative minds to solve fundamental challenges for the world's largest online merchants and payments facilitators.
- You value autonomy, moving fast and getting lots done. We have no time or interest for bureaucracy and micro-management - we're moving fast and you'll be required to take responsibility for delivering awesome product end to end.
- You'd like to make a significant impact early on, and share in the success of a business you've helped build. Our engineering team is 4 strong today, but we started just this year and we're growing fast.
Our tech + how we work
- Our backend API is built with Python, but will be quickly expanded as requirements dictate. Critical components of our architecture will be split in to dedicated micro-services, where we'll be looking at higher performant languages for mission-critical tasks.
- We predominantly communicate via Slack, making little use of email internally. We do daily standups each morning via Google Hangouts. Github is our repo of choice (after much debate), and we track issues via Github project boards.
- We believe in using the best tools for the job, and value engineering expertise over language prowess.
- We value: documentation, test coverage, documentation, code review, documentation, CI/CD and documentation.
- We encourage plenty of discussion + debate, but place huge importance on pragmatism and optimising for output. We're solving brand-new problems, and understand our very best functionality will come about as a result of deep technical insights driven by engineering.
- All expenses paid quarterly get-togethers
- Machine + peripherals of your choosing
- Share options offered as part of package
- Up to £500 towards your home office setup
- Books + other learning resources on us
- Gym / sporting costs covered!
Please send your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your resumé.
We simply will not consider candidates without a personalised cover letter. Tell us why you feel you'd be a good fit for us at this stage in our journey, with plenty of examples highlighting your best work.