Build the platform that powers Twitter! Imagine all the tweets on Twitter, the engagements, the traffic across the platform, each individual timeline, the connections between users, and how we store and share this information... It’s enough data to cover the globe.
Design these complex systems with us. Systems that must be highly performant, resilient, with an emphasis on security and scalability, AND in many cases OPEN to all developers!
Join our team, as we design software that connects hundreds of millions of active Twitter users to real-time information about what’s relevant in their lives and the world we live in.
You might work on:
- Collecting, storing, managing, and moving large amounts of data
- Designing and operating a multi-billion dollar revenue system
- Optimizing and scaling the performance of our systems
- And much more!
This isn’t a general hiring pool.
You will meet the Hiring Managers and folks from the team, and we’ll help you explore the awesome opportunities Twitter has to offer. We’d like to learn more about you before making a match. Our goal is to ensure you have exposure into teams at Twitter hiring for your skill-set.
You don’t need a computer science degree to apply. We are keen to welcome people from all backgrounds. In fact, many people on the team don't have a computer science degree (or any degree for that matter.)
- 2+ years of software development experience (we are hiring for all levels!)
- Demonstrated ability to learn new programming languages or prior experience in a JVM-based or functional programming language
- Familiar with standard software engineering methodology, e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation
- We run high throughput, reliable services; our infrastructure receives millions of messages per day and serves billions of API requests, all with an uptime in excess of 99.9%.
- We love sharing knowledge and ideas. We regularly get together with the other Twitter engineering teams for tech talks. And there are many study groups you can join, the most recent being for Machine Learning.
Twitter is what’s happening and what people are talking about right now. For us, life's not about a job, it's about purpose. We believe real change starts with conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are and together we'll do what's right (not what's easy) to serve the public conversation.