Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Ongo is on a mission to enable everyone to reach their full potential, with science. We do this by combining code, content, and science to create innovative products that promote a healthy lifestyle.
Our first product is a no-code platform that allows creators with large audiences to launch and manage their own beautiful, interactive health and wellness apps. We power a variety of successful apps, ranging from running, strength training, yoga, to meditation.
We're backed by passionate investors who have built iconic and transformative companies, and we're working with some of the leading creators in the world. We're a small, but mighty, group of engineers, designers, athletes, and scientists who are excited about the opportunity to make a real and measurable impact on health!
What’s the position?
We’re looking for a passionate Sr. Full Stack Software Engineer to join our team. In this role, you’ll be expected to:
- Lead and contribute to the development of new products and features for our innovative no-code platform
- Collaborate with a team of engineers, designers, and product owners to solve customer and business pain points
- Promote a positive culture of growth by mentoring and learning from your peers
- Develop large and complex web applications in a secure and scalable way
- Support existing products and features by fixing bugs, optimizing code, and streamlining the user experience
Who are you?
The ideal candidate is someone who is:
- Passionate about making a positive impact on global health
- Motivated by taking projects from ideas to implementation, and continuing to improve them over time
- Obsessed with iterating, re-factoring and improving code
- Practical, rather than dogmatic, in their approach to problem solving
- Excited about the opportunity to scale existing projects and infrastructure
- A product-minded engineer with experience delivering quality software in a nimble start-up environment
You have the following qualifications:
- 7+ years of experience in software development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Experience with the following modern web technologies: Node.js, Next.js, NestJS, PostgreSQL, Redis, Kafka, Docker, AWS
- Demonstrable experience in writing quality software for full-stack web applications
- Experience working with remote teams
In addition, the following are big pluses:
- Demonstrable experience in shipping web applications related to health and wellness
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in an early-stage startup or equivalent environment
- Portfolio or GitHub account of past personal or professional projects
What benefits do you offer?
As a health and wellness start-up, we’re excited to offer the following benefits and perks:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Great medical and dental insurance
- Flexible time-off vacation policy
- Flexible, remote-friendly work environment
- Generous equipment budget upon joining the company
- Positive culture of health and wellbeing
- Periodic in-person events and retreats to meet co-workers IRL
- Opportunity to grow your career through conferences, training, and mentorship