Maker&Son is one of the world’s fastest-growing luxury furniture businesses. We design and make the world's most comfortable chairs, sofas, and beds, entirely from natural materials. We’re an ambitious, young company, with a vision to become a global brand, changing the face of luxury home retail.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Frontend Developer.
We are based in Balcombe (40 mins from London by train, 20 minutes from Brighton) and we will welcome you to work in an hybrid model, coming to the office or remote.
You will report directly to the CTO.
As a part of the Technology Team, your core responsibility will be to develop, maintain and scale our e-commerce and sales infrastructure. This is a high impact role, where you will be driving initiatives in developing outstanding web interfaces and user experiences, using modern frontend development technologies and innovative solutions.
You will be working with backend developers, ux/ui designers, product owners, content producers as a team, and interacting with other parts of the business like marketing, sales, manufacturing, etc.
You will be highly organised, target driven and looking to join a successful, continually growing company.
- Execute full software development life cycle, with a DevOps practice adopting CI/CD
- Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- Write well-designed, testable code. We currently use NodeJs, TypeScript, and traditional frontend web languages.
- Produce quick prototypes and specifications to determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Ensure software is updated with latest features
Key Skills and Requirements
- Proven work experience as a web software developer
- Experience designing interactive applications
- Excellent knowledge in web development, single web applications, using at least one popular web framework (ReactJS, AngularJS, jQuery, Wicket, Vaadin, ExpressJs, Drupal, etc)
- Understanding of continuous deployment for static hosting achieving speed and resilience (CDN, Netlify, Vercel, etc)
- Experience with test-driven development
- Familiar with UI testing tools (Selenium, Katalon, BrowserStack, Ghost Inspector)
- Proficiency in software engineering tools and code version control
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
If you have experience working or developing for E-Commerce that would be highly appreciated.
Our Brand Values
- Authenticity - we love what we do, we do what we say we do, we are what we say we are.
- Awareness - we are aware of the needs of our customers, we enjoy the continual process of understanding them and we go out of our way to ensure that we show them that we have this understanding.
- Respectfulness - we are respectful of the gift that we have been given to create this brand in the first place. We are respectful of and cherish the people that work with us as employees and suppliers. We are respectful and very grateful for the customers that engage with us. We are deeply respectful of the environment and all the resources we use to create the products that we do. We respect that customers have many choices and that we constantly need to be delivering to the best of our abilities in order to meet their needs.
- Comfort - we create extraordinarily comfortable sofas and chairs. This level of physical comfort can often enable the individual that sits in them to experience a level of mental comfort, a peaceful mindfulness that they may otherwise find difficult to access. The element of comfort is further enhanced by the fact that the furniture is made with natural materials in a sustainable way, by highly skilled people who love what they do and will last a lifetime.
- Connection - we create content that connects and emotionally engages with people by conveying the main benefits of what our sofas and chairs provide, namely physical and mental comfort.
- Trust - we build trust through every part of what we do. Trust in the benefits of what our sofas and chairs bring, trust in the product, trust in the service. trust in the authenticity, trust in the brand.
- Resilience - we design and build products that last. We are designing and building business processes, teams and supplier networks to sustain our growth that, like our products, are robust enough to manage all the experiences required of them. We welcome employees and suppliers that have an inherent understanding of the need for these qualities in their work.