Ness is an early-stage, remote-first startup at the unique intersection of fintech and healthcare. We’re on a mission to build a world where everyone can afford to get and stay healthy.
We’re fresh off a $15.5M seed round and funded by some of the most iconic operators and entrepreneurs in the space (e.g. Sweetgreen, Headspace, One Medical, Thrive Market).
Started by the former CEO & Founder of Greatist (acquired by Healthline in 2019), we're building an AmEx-like credit card for health. We’ve got enormous ambitions to flip healthcare on its head through an alternative to health insurance that rewards consumers for the right behaviors and brings down the cost of healthcare.
What Impact You Can Make
As a visual designer on our Design team, you’ll be crafting a revolutionary health and finance experience that has the potential to change healthcare forever.
In this role, you’ll drive discovery, research, ideation, and design of the product, as well as partner with engineering and product management to ship new experiences.
This role sits within the Design team, under the Experience pillar.
You May Be The Ideal Candidate If You
If you don’t meet 100% of the below qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. We take a holistic approach to evaluating talent for our team.
- Have 4-5 years of experience in visual design, with work that's made its way into consumer-facing software (ideally, iOS).
- Have a design portfolio that showcases your eye for good visual design and attention to detail.
- Are a systems-thinker and can see beyond the pixels.
- Are highly collaborative in a remote-first environment and enjoy sharing work early and often.
- Are able to manage your work autonomously and comfortable with the pace that comes with an early-stage startup.
- Are a wizard in Figma (bonus points for motion design).
- Are a self-starter—there’s always something you want to do, learn, and grow in as a designer.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product), Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
Things You Might Do
- Design and shape the product experience into something truly magical.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to identify new opportunities and envision creative solutions.
- Act as the champion for the user experience, clearly articulating design rationale internally and externally.
- Evolve our design process and standards such that it inspires and influences the work of others across the company.
- Support the team in constant experimentation through data and user feedback to improve the user experience and product.
- Empower engineers to get the fit and finish right.
Our Core Values
- We aren't a family, we're an incredible team. At Ness, our core values are the source of our POWER.
- Pencil It In: We move fast, try new things fearlessly, think differently, and learn from our mistakes.
- One Ness: We're all on the same team, have short memories, plus can "disagree and commit."
- Work Crispy: We value clear, rigorous thought, give regular feedback, and we're always prepared.
- Embrace Your Mythical Creature: Our differences make us special. Come as you are (but no trolls, please!)
- Right Way To Win (Not The Easy Way): We believe in doing well AND doing good.