Senior Product Designer
data.world - US
Posted: a month ago
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer (Visual design & UI) who will operate at the intersection of design thinking and data-driven development. Product Designers design, test, and deliver features that make working on data more straightforward, productive, and delightful. Our platform enables cross-functional enterprise teams to catalog, understand, and access their data to make faster and more efficient decisions.
In this position, you will work with the design team, product managers, and engineers to craft best-in-class user experiences for enterprise customers and the community. You will be a design lead for one of the product outcome teams, and you will become our in-house expert on visual design practices.
At data.world, you will:
- Design complex UX workflows, craft implementation-ready UI mockups, prototyping microinteractions, conduct visual QA, and participate in user research studies
- Work iteratively and collaboratively with product managers and engineers on both strategic initiatives and production-ready components
- Collaborate closely with other designers, including weekly critiques and brainstorming sessions
- Maintain and evolve our library of system-level UX patterns and UI components
- Facilitate and observe qualitative user research and testing sessions, analyze the results, and share learnings with the team
- Tell the stories of how people interact with our product features and each other through sketches, mockups, prototypes, and diagrams
- Iterate on our persona documentation, working closely with the client-facing team and individual users to augment and iterate on existing learnings
- Work in a dynamic, agile, and data-driven environment as a member of an outcome team
- Have true ownership of the outcomes you work on, from requirements gathering to MVP definition to reviewing post-implementation metrics
- Have the opportunity to grow and develop new skills in a highly transparent and supportive environment
- Uphold and inspire a high level of design execution throughout the team
We’d love to see:
- 5+ years experience in product design or UX roles
- An outstanding portfolio showcasing a foundation in interaction, visual design, typography, and ideation (please include a link!)
- Experience shipping web-based applications
- Demonstrated familiarity with our design tool stack (Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Abstract, Google Suite, Airtable, Tableau, etc.)
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills, with the ability to articulate your design decisions, whiteboard new solutions with colleagues, and present ideas concisely to product leadership.
- Strong opinions, loosely held. We engage in spirited debates where you’ll be expected to hold your own and check your ego at the door.
- Unwavering attention to detail
- A deep curiosity, eagerness to improve processes through new tech and tools, and desire to learn from both the designers and engineers around you and through your own research. You ask questions rather than shy away from technical terms you don’t know.
- Comfort partnering with product managers and engineers to improvise on the best solution while maintaining focus on the holistic product vision
Big pluses include:
- Experience working on a product for a technical audience
- Interest or experience in the data management domain or semantic web technologies
- Comfort with light copywriting (in-app messaging, following brand voice)
- Comfort with digging into analytics platforms such as Tableau and Mixpanel to answer questions with data
- Experience (or interest) in designing for accessibility
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive compensation with generous bonus program
- Fully paid health, vision, and dental insurance premiums for your entire family
- Company-paid life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, and legal coverage
- Remote-forward, super flexible, casual, and enjoyable environment with open PTO
- Charitable donation matching and community philanthropy opportunities
- Wellness programs catered to individual needs
- Quarterly headquarters events - all employees welcome
- An awesome group of smart and determined coworkers, including a tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and senses of humor
- Your own Sparkletar owl character - have you seen them yet?