Senior Product Designer
Nextdoor is where you connect to the neighborhoods that matter to you so you can belong. Our purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Neighbors around the world turn to Nextdoor daily to receive trusted information, give and get help, get things done, and build real-world connections with those nearby — neighbors, businesses, and public services. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in more than 275,000 neighborhoods across 11 countries.
Meet Your Future Neighbors
As a Senior Product Designer at Nextdoor, you’ll design digital experiences that empower neighbors to build stronger communities and transform how people connect and engage with their local area. In this role, you’ll define and deliver new experiences across multiple platforms as well as work cross-functionally to shape the future of the Nextdoor product as we continue to grow.
The Impact You’ll Make
If you want the challenge of fast-paced growth, the satisfaction of seeing your design work come to life, and the pride in helping grow a world-class design team, this is the place for you. Please include a link to your portfolio in addition to your resume.
Your responsibilities will include:
- You’ll envision, design, and ship delightful, user-centered, cross-platform experiences that build the fabric of local communities around the globe
- You’ll be involved in all aspects of the product development for a major product area; from strategy, research, prototyping, concept to interaction design, to final QA and code tweaks right before launch
- You’ll participate in cross-functional workshops, discussions, design reviews and interesting and inspiring design team activities
What You’ll Bring To The Team
- Previous work experience in user experience design or similar industry experience
- Bring a deep empathy for customer needs and insights as well as an intuitive grasp of the business problems.
- An eagerness to think big, paired with the rigor and resolve to iterate and experiment your way there, and a sharp eye for the metrics to track to know if we’re on the right track
- Comfort working across the product development spectrum: strategy, ideation, concept work, pixel-level details, and front-end development and implementation
- Fluency with both mobile and responsive web design principles and best practices
- A strong visual design sense and ability to design within, and help define, visual guidelines
- Ability to create rich interactive prototypes with Figma, Framer, or similar
- You’re deeply curious about how to empower neighbors to strengthen their communities, how local businesses enhance their communities, and about what makes different neighborhoods around the globe thrive
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the neighbors we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.