Senior Product Designer
Truv empowers financial firms to underwrite with confidence. We believe that discerning fact from fiction about an applicant’s employment and income shouldn’t be a process that takes days, dozens of phone calls, or hidden behind black boxes. Truv provides a frictionless and secure infrastructure that connects financial institutions and background screeners to 45+ payroll providers that house the data of 120M+ US workers. And consumers benefit from faster turnarounds and greater financial opportunities.
The community we’re creating:
We’re an experienced team of thinkers, innovators, and entrepreneurs solving some big problems. And we’re looking for bold leaders to join us. Our remote-first distributed team hails from Bay Area, Miami, Toronto and London. We believe in creating a community where everyone belongs and thrives, regardless of location. So, if you’re excited about using cutting-edge technology and working alongside colleagues who’ve built groundbreaking products at Apple, Uber, Facebook, Carta, Venmo, Telegram, and Plaid—hop on.
The values you possess:
Our values are the specific behaviors and skills that we care most about. The more these values sound like you and the people you want to work with, the more likely you’ll thrive at Truv.
- Bias for action - move fast and get things done.
- Customer obsession – we start with making the customer happy and work backward.
- Good judgment – make wise decisions despite ambiguity.
- Focus on impact – solve important problems first.
- Transparent and direct – informed people make better decisions.
- Win as a team – we win and lose (rarely) as a team.
- Continuous improvement – all improvements matter because they compound exponentially.
What you’ll do
- Oversee the user experience of our core products with product development team, comprised of Product Managers, Product and visual designers and Engineers
- Experience leading various UX initiatives including running design sprints to define and explore problems, content mapping, sketching, wire-framing, low and high fidelity prototyping, creating visual design concepts for brainstorming and approval in a timely manner and leading stakeholder reviews
- Ship valuable and high-quality work without sacrificing speed
- Propose and constantly look out for new concepts and ideas
- Experience conducting research to help develop empathy for our clients & users and advocate for their needs. Use data as one of the many tools to help inform your work
- Stay current on emerging trends in online consumer behavior, technologies and design
- Proactively solicit and provide feedback from designers, product managers & executive team in order to continually raise our bar for quality
What would set you up for success
- Passion for solving product problems while balancing all facets of a user's experience
- 5+ years of experience as a product design role, preferably B2C
- Use research and data as one of the many tools to help inform your work
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and drive results while juggling many priorities and under tight timeframe
- Exceptional ability to collaborate on product design & visual design projects and integrate feedback
- Proficiency in interaction design for native mobile and web applications as well as with current industry design and collaboration tools such as Figma, Sketch, Github, etc.
- Bonus if you are familiar with HRIS and payroll systems.
Benefits we offer
- Fully-remote company.
- Weekly team dinners hosted in SF, Miami, London and Toronto.
- Equity options.
- Flexible Time Off.
- 100% of medical, dental & vision benefits covered.