We are a mixture of remote and hybrid working. Our primary location and only hybrid office is in London and we have remote teams across locations globally which overlap well with the GMT time zone.
- Able to overlap with the GMT UK timezone and hours of 10am - 5pm
- Our common company language is English and applicants must be able to communicate in this language fluently
- Must be able to travel to London for in-person company events/workshops 2-5 times a year without a requirement of a visa or long-haul travel
What we are looking for
We are currently looking for an experienced UI/UX Designer to join our multidisciplinary design team, crafting innovative features for the future of mobile fashion games.
You will work from design concepting through to interface delivery of game features: working with game designers and PMs to outline the spec, create user flows and wireframes. You will collaborate with engineers and artists to make your experiences come to life in Unity, and ship these to millions of users. this role you can expect to be working all the way from sketches and (digital) whiteboards through to prototypes, animation and high-fidelity UI screens. Designers at Drest are T-shaped, with broad knowledge of the product design process while having something they really excel at- whether it’s qualitative research, prototyping or icon design!
We're looking for a player-centered designer who’s passionate about mobile games- bonus if you’ve got experience in agile environments, the fashion industry or app development teams. We like to move fast, test things and get stuck in together to build the world's top mobile fashion game, while keeping our players at the core of what we do.
What you will do...
- Work with game designers to translate concepts into user flows and wireframes
- Create wireframes, interactive prototypes, and documentation to clearly convey design ideas and direction
- Present and pitch designs to key stakeholders
- Develop the look and feel of the UI in collaboration with the Head of UI/UX, advocating for design consistency, functionality and accessibility throughout the product
- Work closely with engineering team to ensure proper implementation of your designs
- Grow knowledge of industry design trends and best practices
- Stay up to date on the fashion and lifestyle gaming market and competitors’ titles.
What you will bring...
- 3+ years’ experience working in a design role
- A portfolio demonstrating stylish visual and interaction design skills
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex designs into clear wireframes and user flows
- Experience in Figma, Sketch or similar prototyping and mockup tools
- Love for creative collaboration and ability to take constructive criticism
- Knowledge of UX design processes
- Ability to present your ideas thoughtfully in both written and visual format
- Interests in Fashion and Games is a strong plus
Bonus points if you have...
- Demonstrated experience of released products as a UI/UX designer - games or lifestyle apps preferred
- Worked on games targeted at a female audience
- Experience working on games in which players can create content
- Experience working as part of a development team
- Interest in luxury design and fashion
What you will get in return
- A competitive salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental, Optical and Hearing cover
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle Scheme
- Life Assurance
- 25 days annual leave + Local Bank Holidays
- Birthday Leave
- Cross-team learning opportunities
- Hybrid/Remote working options