Outer Labs develops custom software solutions that radically reshape the way buildings are being designed, constructed, and occupied. We bring modern human-centric design together with the latest technology to help real estate, architecture, engineering, and construction teams scale their expertise.
Our clients include globally recognized brands placing “big bets” and investing in long-term solutions to sustainability, quality, and affordability. We work closely with their leadership to craft multi-year strategies, with direct access to subject matter experts and end-users who help us continuously drive toward business value.
Some questions we’ve tackled: How can software automatically layout a building’s structural system based on unique constraints? How can software encourage reusable solutions that can be manufactured more sustainably and efficiently? How can we help a designer explore a thousand ideas in the time it currently takes to explore one?
Answers to these questions require a passion for design and engineering that comes from every level of our company. This is why we’ve invested deeply in building a culture that empowers its employees to do great work and directly shape the future of its products. We want smart, creative, and intentional individuals to be part of our core team. Are you in?
Our UX Researcher will work with users to evaluate the design and implementation of the products we build — observing what’s working well and what’s not. Research is based on both qualitative and quantitative data, with the ultimate goal of producing insight that guides strategic, long-term planning. In addition to observing the current product, this role will partner with product strategy and UX design team members to validate proposed improvements and mitigate risk. She/he is also expected to help us develop a shared understanding of our users and the decisions we make to support them. This is critical to our product road mapping!
- Partner with product managers and strategists to outline the initial scope and objectives for user research
- Keep a pulse on the adoption and prioritization of features through continuous engagement with end-users and other stakeholders
- Work with strategy and UX designers to analyze strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to feature adoption
- Provide project teams with digestible and actionable user insight that supports both tactical and strategic decision making
- Help the entire project team cultivate user empathy and knowledge of product adoption
- 4+ years of experience working with ux design research
- Must have experience designing and interpreting models for user behavior using Google Analytics, Mixpanel, or similar platforms for analytics
- Should have ability to articulate user flows in the form of journey maps and state diagrams
- Must be comfortable working with a technical audience
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Must have strong verbal and written communication with ability to present and work directly with clients
- AEC knowledge and/or prior work experience is beneficial
- Healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employee & dependents. We cover 85% of the cost for employee, and 75% of the cost for dependents
- 401K with matching up to 4% of your salary
- Paid parental leave for all new parents
- Unlimited PTO
- 11 paid company holidays
- Computer and home office setup with phone and internet paid for up to $100 each.
- Annual stipend for education and professional development
- 100% remote working