Senior UX Designer
SMG is seeking a Senior UX Designer to support our busy UX team. If you are a dynamic, positive individual looking for a fully remote career opportunity in a fun industry with a growing business, we want you to join our team!
As a member of the UX team, you will partner with Technology and Product teams to design and implement useful, consistent, intuitive, usable, and engaging interfaces aligned with functional and technical environment, business requirements and customer needs.
This is what you will be doing:
- Leading design projects and collaborating with Designers, Researchers, Client Insights, Product and Technology throughout all stage of the product development lifecycle (Discovery, Concept, Development, Launch and Ongoing support)
- Analyzing existing solutions, environments, and user needs
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to grasp requirements
- Creating information architecture diagrams, sketches, storyboards, wireframes, and screen flows taking into account ergonomic principles, user requirements and the technical constraints of development.
- Creating prototypes (ranging from paper-and-pencil concepts to wireframes or interactive prototypes) to explore design ideas, support usability testing and obtain buy-in.
- Conducting and/or supporting user research to identify opportunities and improve experiences
- Leveraging user research results and analytics data to inform design decisions, make recommendations and propose improvements
- Recognizing and predicting use-cases and user interactions, including happy path and edge cases, and incorporating them into designs
- Ensuring graphical consistency across all products, that is supported by contributing to the evolution and maintenance of existing visual guidelines and established design system.
- Delivering appropriate level of specification needed to ensure high quality development of design artifacts
- Conducting visual design quality assurance and user acceptance testing
- Collaborating, guiding and influencing the team by sharing best practices, providing design directions and advice on the projects
- Facilitating presentations and discussions with internal clients/stakeholders and leaders
- Understanding and applying accessibility principles
You are a perfect match for this role if you have:
- 5+ years of UX experience
- Skilled with standard UX software such as Figma
- Excellent command of English, written and spoken, with impeccable business correspondence skills
- Evolved understanding of the human – computer interactions
- Ability to deliver high quality designs and prototypes (design portfolio is a must)
- Experience in leading UX project and mentoring junior designers
Good to have:
- A bachelor’s or higher degree in design, human-computer interaction, cognitive science or other similar field
- Experience working with cross-disciplinary teams (UXR, UXW, technology, product teams…) and B2B products
- Knowledge about accessibility requirements
What we offer to our talent:
- This is a remote, permanent, full-time contractor position. You can work from anywhere.
- Ample opportunities to learn and grow.
- Diverse, experienced, and friendly team which will welcome you, support you and challenge you.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and create an inclusive work environment in which all our colleagues experience belonging, have their unique needs respected and met, have equal access to opportunities and resources, and feel fully engaged to contribute to the company’s success.