Senior Product Designer
Tomorrow’s Education is an Edtech startup based in Berlin founded by serial entrepreneurs, Christian Rebernik and Dr. Thomas Funke. Our vision is to redesign education and educate and empower leaders to tackle the greatest challenges of tomorrow together, today.
We believe that one of the biggest challenges in education is the way of teaching itself. Therefore we are challenging the old teacher-oriented approach of traditional universities by shifting to a student-centric approach.
We want to provide our students with a unique opportunity to gain the relevant skills and mindset and then leverage their impact through a global network of like-minded creators.
At Tomorrow’s Education, we leverage science and technology for effective learning and foster a global community for continuous growth and impact. With us, students learn by applying their knowledge to real-life challenges and interacting with world-class educators, mentors, and partners from all around the world.
As our Senior Product Designer (m/f/d) your goal is to design and collaborate with the engineering and the product team on developing our learning platform. We design in Figma and collaborate in Miro. We talk to our learners every week and we validate our ideas with them. We are looking for a designer feeling comfortable working with visual and interaction design that is willing to step more into the UX process.
- Gather and evaluate student’s requirements in collaboration with product managers and the education team;
- Illustrate design ideas and flows using storyboards, process flows, and sitemaps;
- Develop a visual language and design patterns of the product;
- Design, prototype, and deliver final visual designs of our learning platform and CMS;
- Work closely with the engineering team to ensure the quality of your design’s implementation;
- Work collaboratively with our Product Designer on design patterns and design systems.
You will be great at this job if you have:
- A portfolio showcasing your design decisions from business requirements, through wire-flows, finishing on final visuals;
- An experience of contributing to the design system;
- An experience designing at least two web and/or mobile applications with some level of complexity;
- An experience working in a scrum team;
- An appreciation for feedback and willingness to improve;
- Great collaboration skills, we are a remote-first company, so we value overcommunication;
- Great communication skills, we value rationale behind design decisions and backing it up with data;
- A drive to learn and adapt, as a startup our requirements are ever-changing. Being flexible and learning fast is very important for your success;
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
For us it is also important that you have:
- Passion for Sustainability, Entrepreneurship & Technology;
- High level of Integrity, Curiosity & Growth, along with an inner passion for making an impact;
- High-degree of independence, initiative, pro-activity.
- Work wherever you are and whenever you want. Our flexible Work Environment will give you the freedom to work from everywhere and whenever you want. (in alignment with your team);
- Be part of the Tomorrow’s Community: Every teammate can study for free at Tomorrow’s Education (excl. partner fees if applicable).
- Travel the world with us: Twice per year, the whole team meets for a 1-week workation at a different place around the globe.