Senior Product Designer
At Urbint, our mission is to build a world with zero safety incidents. We are passionate about taking data about our changing world – from climate, to urbanization, to infrastructure risk – and harnessing it to allow utilities and infrastructure operators to predict and prevent threats and meaningfully reduce field risk. We are a tight-knit team of coders, data scientists, infrastructure experts, entrepreneurs, and creatives working together to create and deliver cutting-edge technology to deliver insights that keep people safe.
At Urbint, the Senior Product Designer will empathize with user problems and the needs of stakeholders, then build software to deliver value intentionally. The Product Designer will work with their Product and Engineering counterparts to create a delightful user experience that meets and exceeds our users’ needs. They will help the product team ship software and AI products to make our communities safer and more resilient.
What You’ll Do
- Lead design initiatives on one or more of our AI platform offerings across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches. You will help set the vision for the user experience, working alongside your product manager/engineering counterparts to discover how your product solution should manifest
- Work with your design manager to create or enhance existing processes and tools required to achieve a high-functioning design organization
- Discover solutions and validate them thoughtfully and with speed to service using experiments and prototypes
- Describe your solutions effectively by providing annotations and working with your product manager counterpart to help finalize acceptance criteria
- Build impactful user relationships through research efforts and be the voice of the user within your team, helping provide context, empathy and rationale behind user needs
- Represent Urbint and evangelize our products and capabilities in meetings with customers/users and at industry events
- Create and foster a work environment where people with different ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives are valued, utilized, and welcomed
- 5+ years experience creating innovative, user-centered products informed by research
- Product experience building and shipping software applications, especially B2B / Enterprise SaaS responsive/native applications
- Personable, empathetic, and excellent at building strong relationships with a diverse set of customers and stakeholders from across the business
- Ability to manage multiple projects and company initiatives at the same time to deliver timely results
- Proficiency in Figma and a willingness to try new technologies
- Basic understanding of accessibility best practices in UI design
- Experience in the utility industry (electric, cable, gas) and/or designing products used within the utility industry like workforce management, ticket management and/or field management a plus.
- Familiarity with AI, machine learning, or statistics, and a comfort implementing those topics in technology solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in a technology related field, or equivalent experience
- Mission Driven - Some companies use AI to serve better digital ads and trade stocks, we seek to make our communities safer and more resilient
- We are 100% Distributed - work from almost anywhere
- Competitive compensation packages
- Your health and wellness matters to us, so we offer 100% employer-paid premium options and more…
- Physical Health: Monthly wellness reimbursement to assist with gym memberships and other related activities
- Home Office Reimbursement: Monthly allowance covering utilities (electric, internet) and related home office expenses
- Co-Working: Monthly allowance covering expenses for co-working space
- Professional Development: Generous annual allowance, supporting your growth
- Employee Meals: Weekly lunch allowance
Urbint's Core Values
- Passionate about customers: We strive to deliver sustainable value and exceed expectations, and we’re not satisfied until our customers are raving fans.
- Be decisive: We make timely, informed, and pragmatic decisions to keep the organization moving forward.
- Build trust: Our values are the building blocks to trust. As we live them, we grow and build lasting relationships.
- Focus on impact: We measure and strive to continuously improve our real-world impact.
- Be tenacious: We are agile in our approach to addressing challenges but firm in our beliefs.
- Win together: We efficiently leverage our diverse skills and perspectives for one another, united by our shared vision.