Sense is a decentralized fixed-income protocol on Ethereum, enabling predictable returns from fixed rates and directional long/short bets on future yields.
The Sense Protocol is leveraged by DeFi users who want more control over their cash flows, and it's used by fixed-income technologists who want to build new yield primitives for DeFi, such as fixed-income tokens, yield tokens, and other custom re-divisions of existing tokens' exposures.
We're working towards a future where Finance is more resilient, accessible, transparent, and fair, empowering generations of individuals with financial freedom.
Join our world-class team, backed by a diverse set of investors and mentors, including Dragonfly, Bain Capital Ventures, Variant, Nascent, Robot, theLAO, CollabCurrency, Jai Bhavnani of Waymont, Noah Zinsmeister of Uniswap, DeFi Dad, Steven Becker of UDHC, Kurt Barry of MakerDAO, and Tom Walton-Pocock.
Together, we'll embark on a mission to build permissionless fixed-income infrastructure.
As our first full-time designer, you'll own the entire Design function at Sense. You'll define the design roadmap, collaborate on existing & new products, interface with external design agencies, and shape the direction of the Sense brand.
You'll work with the entire Sense team, including the CEO (Kenton), to solve cutting-edge problems, build products that solve problems, and pioneer new design patterns for the future financial system.
In every way, you'll contribute to the greater mission of DeFi in a fast-paced environment that is challenging, supportive, and actualizing.
- Design functional and beautiful experiences for our users
- Conduct user research and testing to gather feedback and improve designs
- Develop high-quality mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate functionality and experience
- Iterate on and revamp our design system & branding
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows, and sitemaps
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including the PM, engineers, and other stakeholders, to ensure designs are implemented correctly and meet business requirements
- Design marketing materials for blog posts & growth campaigns
- Source and interface with external contract designers/agencies
- 2+ years experience as a Product Designer, UI/UX Designer, or other related fields in a tech startup
- 1+ year experience working as a Designer in the DeFi space
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates a passion for product design & DeFi
- Proficiency in Figma
- A user-centric mindset
- Experience in the design thinking process and lean startup methodologies
- Strong communication & time-management skills
- Excited to work with a small, intense, and high-performing team, with a high degree of ownership & autonomy
- Open-minded to new ideas with a mindset of continuous learning & collaboration
- Native or Advanced fluency in English (spoken and written)
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of various UI accessibility techniques
- Front-end web development experience (HTML, CSS, React)
- Interest in trading or fixed-income
- DeFi power user