Senior UI/UX Designer
Joining us as our first UI/UX hire, you’ll join the product team and have a significant impact on how we shape the next version of our product. We are re-designing our ecosystem, and building a design system around what we’ve got and what we want to build in order to support the customer’s experience with our product as we scale. This role is suited to a designer who likes a challenge and doing first-hand research, as well as working collaboratively with the customer success team. With this role, you’ll have free range to really put your mark on something. And as our first UX-focused hire you’ll get to impact which tools we use, how we think about design systems, and how our UX will scale with our product(s).
A typical day in this role:
- Both collaboratively defining UX requirements and translating them into designs for production
- Defining and using analytics, to understand our users, how they use our platform and using this insight to make design decisions
- Speaking with customers to understand their needs and the environment our product functions in
- Being an important part of the product/design function; having real impact on how we solve problems and prioritise which problems to solve first
- Min. 5 years doing UI/UX in a large and small company environment
- Experience building insight and data led product experiences
- Demonstrable portfolio with examples, ideally in the deep tech space or with a B2B product
- Great communication skills both when interfacing with customers as well as when working with your team
- Flexible and decisive - you know how to put ego aside and focus on the needs of the customer
- Self starter with an inherent ability to drive forward projects and distill simplicity from complex user requirements
- You have experience running with user research and translating insights from research to your designs.
- Passion for addressing the waste crisis or other environmental issues
- A university degree
The world is in a waste crisis. Currently we produce 2.1 billion tons of solid waste per year. Data collection of the waste we produce is non-existent, meaning no systematic transparency and no accountability. It means that recycling targets are not upheld, dumping of waste into our oceans remains nobody's responsibility, recyclables get sent to landfill or incineration, and producers get away with sub-standard packaging. Thus, recycling rates stubbornly remain at 10% and, unless we change, by 2040 the plastic stock in the ocean will have quadrupled - a problem that already costs society $1.5 trillion each year.
Our mission is to increase transparency and automation in waste management to accelerate the circular economy. Currently, our camera system and AI software are deployed in recycling plants and waste facilities around the world to measure material flows and provide waste analytics. We have compiled a team of experts to deploy our technology and we’re looking to expand our team.
- Competitive london-based salary (salary band available upon application)
- Employee stock option scheme
- Customised hybrid working between office and home (open to remote working)
- 25 days holiday each year, plus bank holidays
- Paid sick leave for physical and mental health needs
- Unlimited fresh fruit, tea, coffee and healthy snacks
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption or shared parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
A few things to note:
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK will be considered at this time.
- We are 100% committed to building a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability - we want to hear from you.
- If you don’t quite match everything above but you feel you can succeed in this role, please still apply.