Java Software Engineer
Dstillery is the leading custom audience solutions company, empowering brands and their agencies to maximize the value of customer data and transform the way they connect with their audiences. Our premier product, Custom AI Audiences, is built by just-for-your-brand Custom AI models that deliver the ideal combination of accuracy and scale. Because Dstillery continuously rescores candidates in and out of audiences, our audiences are always up-to-date and on-target. That’s why brands across Retail, CPG, Finance, Luxury, B2B, Telco, Travel, and Tech rely on Dstillery’s audience solutions for branding and direct response initiatives to thrive.
We are looking for an engineer that takes a craftsperson-like approach to building software and takes pride in engineering excellence including delivering clean, testable and well documented code. Our cloud footprint is growing, but the most significant part of our stack is still on-prem and the scope of the work includes both environments. We’re hard at work modernizing our platform and that includes simplifying what we already have and building an entirely new product line on Google Cloud Platform. As a team and as a company, we are large enough that there is plenty of support and collaboration, but small enough that your work and ideas can have a real impact. This position is hybrid-remote with options to work in NY office if desired.
What you will be doing
- Participate in requirement analysis, planning, design, development, testing and deployment.
- Contribute to well-designed solutions by breaking complex problems into manageable tasks.
- Collaborate with peers and seniors both within their team and across the organization.
- Work with product managers using agile methodologies to deliver high quality solutions on time.
- Work with operations teams to ensure your applications and services are highly available and reliable.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline(or equivalent experience).
- 1-5 years of professional software development experience.
- You’ve built, broken, and rebuilt software applications using Java and Spring Boot.
- Experience working with relational databases and DB schema design.
- Experience developing distributed microservices for reliability, availability, scalability and performance.
- Bonus points (but not required) for experience with operating in hybrid on-prem/public cloud environments (e.g. GCP or AWS) and/or using Kubernetes.
Some of the key technologies we use:
- Java for applications, Python for ETL, Apache Kafka, MySQL, Kubernetes, Spark, Hive, ScyllaDB, Kubeflow, Airflow, Apache Beam, Terraform.
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) solutions such as Compute Engine, Cloud Storage, Cloud SQL, Google Kubernetes Engine, BigQuery, Dataflow and Cloud Run.