Senior React Developer
Our remote first employees join and stay at Phase2 to. In pursuit of digital experience that advances the human experience, you will do your best work, live fully, and succeed as team.
We are a digital agency rooted in technology, passionate about customer experience, and grounded in data and insights. We guide industry-leading companies to what’s next in their digital landscape. In short, we make digital products that inspire, engage, and create impact.
Phase2 is seeking a Senior Developer with experience with NodeJS, React, and React Native to join our team. A Senior Developer has mastered several technologies which allows them to evaluate and select from new and known approaches to successfully implement projects of moderate complexity. They provide guidance on implementation to other members of their team, gather requirements from clients and can work with minimal technical oversight on many projects. A senior developer has successfully implemented projects of increasing complexity and has actively developed client communication and engagement skills. They understand the software development processes and are able to act as a team lead to successfully complete projects.
This position reports to: Software Architect
Pay Band: $110,000 - $130,000
Mix of responsibilities between 3 primary focuses may vary from individual to individual.
- Implement projects with minimal technical oversight
- Perform business and functional requirements analysis and capture with clients and analysts
- Analyze existing implementations to extract business and functional requirements
- Perform analysis for new technology to determine appropriate usage
- Lead development teams through the development process to successfully deliver valuable features and projects
- Provide technical oversight to small teams of developers
- Ensure code and systems are developed with appropriate levels of quality
- Configure software and infrastructure to support deployment of implemented projects
- Design and implement subsystems of the software architecture
- Implement automation to support builds, deployments and code quality checks
- Estimate development time for subsystems and projects
- Create design and operational documentation for subsystems and projects
- Perform release management activities
- Recommend improvements to Phase2’s development and deployment practices
- Participate in the development of best practices and standards within the company
- Serve as proactive and efficient conduit for knowledge sharing across the company
- Maintain managerial relationship with more junior members of the engineering team
- Assist with the career development of staff within the engineering team
- 3+ years of industry experience at a developer level with progressive increases in responsibilities
- Professional experience developing web sites, web applications, and native apps.
- Experience developing using Typescript.
- Demonstrable portfolio of one or more enterprise-level applications released on the App Store or the Android Market.
- Experience consuming REST and GraphQL APIs.
- Experience creating REST- and GraphQL-based APIs in a Node.js environment.
- Strong understanding of accessibility best practices on mobile devices.
- Experience and proficiency in presenting to stakeholders and clients.
- Demonstrates mastery in multiple technical areas
- Understands the operation and configuration of infrastructure components
- Proficient in multiple programming languages
- Proficient in a variety of debugging techniques
- Is comfortable on a Linux command-line
- Has lead the development of a subsystem or project of large and small scales
- Able to lead multiple concurrent teams on builds of websites and applications
- Experience developing in Swift, Objective-C, Java, or Kotlin.
- Experience building out React Native components, using hooks and working with component lifecycle.
- Familiarity with several development frameworks (Express, Vue, Next)
- Experience with tools such as Jest or Appium.
- Extensive knowledge of testing best practices.
- Drupal experience.
- Experience managing or mentoring other developers.
Phase2 is committed to transparency for career advancement. Eligibility for advancement is dependent on:
- Performance Management evaluation history indicating strong performance and exceeding expectations of current role;
- Consistent demonstration of successfully executing the minimum qualifications of the next level
- Endorsement from senior leadership and peers
- The typical advancement path is to Software Architect
Working at Phase2
At Phase2, we want you to be a force. Not for just one thing, but for your thing: the intersection of your expertise and your passion. And we will help you achieve it.
You are not just your expertise. You are a whole and complete story, and we invite all of it. We live fully with dynamic careers because we know that your best self is your whole self. That means we build authentic relationships with each other, there is no hidden home life, your schedule is your own, and the quirks that define you are storied.
Our formula for impact weaves together our brains and our spirits. We enchant with logic and lead with courage. We are questioners, nerds, and inventors — logicians at heart who meet challenges with curiosity and a “what’s next” spirit.
When we work as one, we are potent and powerful. We succeed together. Your team will give you the autonomy you want and will always challenge, support, and advocate for you — and together you will achieve more than you ever could alone.
We live our passion — ignite change and share it with the world.