Teal Media is seeking an enthusiastic developer for a full-time position. You will help bring our award-winning designs to life working along a dedicated team of designers and developers.
Ideal Location: Remote (US residents only) Who We Are Teal Media is a full-service creative and design agency with a conscience. We believe purposeful design can transform organizations, inspire action, and enable progress. Our clients and nonprofit partners commit their lives to creating positive social change. We pour every ounce of our passion and skill into their success, because we, too, want the world to be a better place. We offer a variety of strategic, creative, and technical services, including brand strategy, web design and development, and creative support.
We are a woman-owned and woman-led firm with a diverse staff. At Teal Media, we value our people above all else, and choose to work with partners and clients who share those beliefs.
This role is under the Development team. You will report to the CTO and work closely with the Development, Content, and Creative teams.
What You’ll Do
- Create custom-coded websites built on open-source tools (WordPress and others) including primarily back-end theme creation and plugin development
- Communicate and collaborate with internal and external project team members
- Serve as lead developer on stand-alone web-based projects as well as support retainer development tasks for existing clients
- Collaborate with and provide technical guidance to team members and clients
- Work closely with our front-end developers
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Manage updates, changes, and feature additions to existing projects
- Regularly consult with team members on code deliverables to ensure work meets project requirements before sharing with the client
- Conduct quality assurance and testing on project deliverables
- Assist with technical solutions discovery on projects
- Train clients and/or internal team on how to manage and maintain all built functionality
Ideal Candidates Will Have
- 3-7+ years of WordPress theme/plugin coding experience or equivalent
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Great attention and appreciation of the details
- Understanding of the website design and development process, including working knowledge of git, mobile responsive design, and accessibility standards
- Thrives working in a fast-paced environment
- Bonus points: Experience working in an agency or with nonprofits.
Salary & Level
Teal Media is committed to equity and transparency when it comes to salary and the growth of our people. This role is open to both level 2T and 3T in our progression framework and is determined by the candidate’s unique background and experience.
Official Title: Senior Developer Department: Development Salary Range: $100,000-$125,000
Official Title: Developer Department: Development Salary Range: $90,000-$120,000
Make a positive impact on mission-driven organizations and nonprofits while working in a fun, collaborative and flexible environment. We’re a nimble, close-knit group that values teamwork and individual contribution.
All our positions are remote (in the US), but we work to maintain a fun and engaging company culture.
- Work from home (or at the beach!)
- Professional Development Coaching
- Yearly Continuing Education Stipend
- Eligibility for bi-annual bonuses
- Flexible Time Off and Unlimited Sick Leave
- Compassionate Leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Company 401(k) with match
- Flexible working hours
- Flex Fridays - a day dedicated to self-directed work. Spend time working on the things you want - whether it be honing in on your craft or taking off a few hours early for your mental wellness!