Retain is the world's first customer insights engine. By sitting naturally in a team’s workflow, Retain enables companies to be strategically customer obsessed. We deliver a system that enables everyone responsible for engaging customers to make data-driven decisions and give a complete view across the entire customer lifecycle.
Retain powers enterprise companies. Our leadership team is composed of experienced founders from LiveRamp ($15M funding to $5B NYSE: RAMP), and early employees from Uber (NYSE: UBER), PagerDuty (NYSE: PD), C3 AI (NYSE: AI), and Drawbridge (acquired by LinkedIn).
We recently announced a $23M Series A with backing from Emergence Capital, Baseline Ventures, Upside Partnership, Afore Capital, and Industry Ventures. Gordon Ritter (an early investor in Zoom, Box, Veeva, and Salesforce) and Steve Anderson (first investor in Instagram, SoFi, PagerDuty, Heroku, StitchFix, and many others) sit on our board.
We are a remote-first company headquartered in San Francisco where our team of friendly and talented people often meet to create a great product!
About the Role:
- Our product has found a strong product/market fit and we need to scale our engineering capability to meet the growing needs.
- The Application Engineering team is responsible for building the web application that delivers key insights to our customers around the world. The team is responsible for both the frontend and backend development to support delivering these insights.
- You will be responsible for helping build the technology that powers our application, testing, and the tools and automation that accelerate value delivery. Additionally, you will collaborate horizontally with other engineering teams to resolve common problems, address new needs or share your expertise to help them build a more robust product.
Some of the technologies currently used by the Application Engineering team:
- Looker (data modeling and query APIs)
- Postgres and Snowflake
- AWS & Pulumi (IaC)
You are not expected to be a master of all of these but collaborate and contribute effectively with people who do. Above all, we're looking for people who enjoy learning and diving into new technical problems, and that have a passion for building data visualization applications for our users.
This is a great opportunity to experience exponential personal and professional growth while working with a supportive team that values ownership, transparency, and humility.
This is a great role for you if:
- You enjoy building next-gen web applications for real users.
- You care about user experience and building a product our customers love.
- You want to have a major impact on the product and company engineering culture.
- You want to move quickly and have strong ownership. We build features, iterate, and respond to customer feedback multiple times per day.
- You want to be highly involved in the direction of a company set to grow beyond the early stages.
What You’ll Do:
- Build web applications used by the top organizations around the world.
- Collaborate with our product and design team leaders to design new features and provide the best experience for our customers.
- Promote engineering excellence by improving development patterns, developer feedback and continuous improvement.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of applicable work experience.
- Frontend application development experience using React or a similar technology.
- Frontend automated testing (Jest, React Testing Library, Cypress, Puppeteer/Playwright, etc.).
- Some experience with relational databases and SQL.
- Building SaaS or data centric applications.
- Ability to be proactive and deliver results without a QA team or exhaustive specifications.
- Comfort with a high degree of ambiguity - there’s a lot we don’t know, and we need your help to figure it out!
- Great teammate and collaborator.
- Openness to giving and receiving honest feedback.