Backend Software Engineer
WorkStep is the leading software provider of workforce retention and hiring solutions for the supply chain industry. We’re a Series B startup (backed by leading investors) who is disrupting the industry and changing the way companies have traditionally hired and retained their frontline supply chain workers.
Our mission is simple: to make the supply chain a better place to work. How? By helping companies within e-commerce, manufacturing, retail, CPG, transportation, and logistics make better-fit hires and improve their frontline workforce satisfaction and retention.
As an early engineering hire, in this role you will be responsible for a large share of our codebase and will serve as an expert on our data structure, access patterns, conventions, style guide, and more. As a good candidate, you have an eagerness for learning unfamiliar technologies and mastering new topics quickly.
You will work closely with the Director of Engineering while the product organization is expanded. As a good candidate, you will be expected to make design choices that balance ease-of-implementation with resilience at scale, and own delivery end-to-end.
Specifically, you will make meaningful contributions to the code base and contribute to the technical direction and vision for relevant products.
- 3-5 years experience with production-grade software
- Familiarity with a web framework like Flask, Django, Spring, Rails, etc.
- Strong understanding of REST and principles for robust API design.
- A working understanding of ORMs and underlying query structures.
- Familiarity with unit testing.
A Plus if You Have
Experience with React and other web app frameworks like Angular, Backbone, Knockout, etc.
WorkStep is a fully remote company, meaning our team can work from where it suits them—whether that's East Coast or West Coast, in the mountains, or at the beach. We're a collaborative bunch who are focused on helping our customers succeed and deliver results, FAST. But we also know how to have fun and enjoy each other's company. Our benefits include:
- Remote working environment
- Flexible PTO
- Top-notch technology
- Quarterly team building on-sites (when safe to resume)
- Workspace, wellness, and L&D stipends
- Competitive company-sponsored health, vision, and dental benefits package
- Opportunity to join a passionate, motivated, and fun team at an early stage to help shape and execute on our mission