Mediavine is seeking a Backend Software Engineer to join our Grow engineering team. This engineer will have an understanding of web technologies and wants to help design, implement, and launch major user-facing features. Applicants must be based in the United States.
Mediavine is a fast-growing advertising management company representing nearly 10,000 websites in the food, lifestyle, DIY, and entertainment space. Founded by content creators, for content creators, Mediavine is a Top 20 Comscore property, exclusively reaching over 125 million monthly unique visitors. With best-in-class technology and a commitment to traffic quality and brand safety, we ensure optimal performance for our creators.
Mission & Culture
We help content creators build sustainable businesses. From educational tools and cutting-edge plugins to ad technology that maximizes earnings without slowing down your site, our motivation is to ensure their brand and business grow in every respect.
We are striving to build an inclusive and diverse team of highly talented individuals that reflects the industries we serve and the world we live in. We are committed to creating a culture where everyone feels welcome. We are looking for individuals that will challenge us to continuously evolve and make Mediavine the employer of choice for people of all backgrounds. We strongly encourage minorities and individuals from underrepresented groups in technology to apply for this position.
Diversity and inclusion aren't platitudes to us; we take them seriously. Have a look at and read through our to learn more about our values and discover if Mediavine is the place for you!
We’re constantly adding new features via continuous-deployment. Some of the backend-heavy features we’ve worked on recently or will be working on shortly include automated newsletters with content personalized by AI; integrations with ConvertKit, MailerLite, and Mailchimp; unlocking downloadable content; our take on a link-in-bio page; and user impersonation using SAML authentication.
You love to work with a talented team where you have weekly team time (we play Among Us, have Oculus Quests, and do fun group activities) and you're supported in your efforts to grow professionally. You are able to manage your time well, communicate effectively and collaborate in a fully distributed team.
- Interface with team leadership to receive and clarify objectives
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Troubleshoot and debug existing systems
- Interpret and fulfill engineering sprint stories
- Frequently develop simple features and bug fixes
- Occasionally pair-program with other engineers on more complex features and bug fixes
- As business needs change, be flexible in learning and applying your skills and experience on other product teams
Location: Applicants must be based in the United States
Application/Interview Deadline: Deadline for internal applicants to apply is 6/2/23
- 2+ years of experience in software development and/or software support
- 1+ years of experience writing code in a professional setting
- Experience with Node.js & Typescript
- Experience with GraphQL
- An understanding of Postgres or other relational SQL databases
- Strong written and communication skills
- Highly motivated, highly collaborative and highly inclusive
- Experience working on a distributed/remote team
- Experience with AWS Lambdas, SES, and SQS
- Experience in the AdTech industry
- Experience with Email Service Provider integrations (MailerLite, ConvertKit, MailChimp, etc.)
- Experience with Google Firebase, OAuth, and/or SAML authentication
- Remote work environment
- Travel opportunities (remember those!?)
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Learning allowance
- Generous Vacation/Time off policies
- Additional side benefits such as home-office upgrades, tuition reimbursement, paid gym memberships and wellness retreats, upgraded flights, cool swag and more
- Company match charitable donations